Chapter 29

Tristan's POV

My Jenna. I listened through the front door as she cried. Because of me. I barged through Lauren's front door, quickly scooping up Jenna and leaving. I felt sorry for Lauren; we had bonded over the past six months. I even learnt about her crush on my younger brother. She is almost a year younger than Jenna and I, so I'm pretty sure she's only a couple of months older than him. Jenna was still sobbing in my arms, as I sprinted to the car. I couldn't lose her, after losing my temper.

"I'm so sorry baby." I whispered, before compelling her to sleep. She repeated my words and her head fell backwards. The painful feeling in my chest grew, as I knew I didn't want to compel her to forget anything else. I wasn't going to be selfish and manipulate her memories and personality for my benefit. No matter how much I wanted to.
It was in that moment that I realised, I was truly in love with Jenna. I had fallen so head over heels in love, that I didn't think twice about compelling her memories. I couldn't put her through that. I didn't want a relationship based on lies. All these thoughts of compulsion gave me the idea that, maybe Jenna was compelled to forget me. Maybe it was someone that despised her. Despised me? I hadn't made anyone hate me, except Rebekah. But, I knew that she wouldn't do this. No matter how evil she seems; she wouldn't risk pissing me off again... Or would she? I had to have a little chat with my darling sister, when I'm done helping Jenna.

"T-t-t-Tristan. Please don't. I don't remember you, and after what I saw, I don't think I want to. Please let me go." She had stopped crying, but was pleading for me to let her go. I wanted to release her and let her be happy, but I may never see her again. I couldn't. I had to find a way to get back her memories of me. Much to our dismay, I had to ignore her pleas and cries. It was for the best.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Jen. I'm sorry." I spoke softly, to seem less threatening. She should feel calm and safe around me. Why won't she understand that? She needs to see that. I would never hurt her, and I have no way to prove it.

"You aren't sorry! You're a monster!" She screamed, pounding on the door of the car. She left me no choice. I didn't want to do this. I knew the negative effects it can have in later life. But I need her to remember. I put my hands on her shoulders; she was paralysed with fear.

"Jenna. You remember me. You'll get all your memories back and tell Lauren that you over reacted. You were completely out of it on pain meds." I smiled softly as I spoke. Her face was emotionless. She opened her mouth to speak, and she passed out. Did it work? Will she remember me? I had no idea whether my compulsion could over power other compulsion. No one had ever tried. I knew I had the strength to do it. I had to have the strength to do it. I glanced at her, before slamming my foot down on the gas. Whilst she was sleeping, I needed to get home. It would be easier for the both of us. Luckily, we were only 5 minutes away. I would be able to put her in her own bed, for the first time in six months. I could make her breakfast. I could watch her drawing for hours. If only she remembered me. It would all happen so much sooner. The compulsion. It was my only choice. Nobody has the patience to wait years for the one they love to remember them again, or just move on. I couldn't let Jenna fall in love with anyone else. She was mine. Nobody would touch her, until the day I die. That may sound possessive, but that is true love... And the annoying vampire claiming thing that I sometimes just can't contain.

"What the...?" I heard Jenna whisper. My head flicked around to her, as she pushed herself up. I hurried over to her, grabbing her hands. She shoved me away and shot up. I tried to stop her, but she screamed and clawed at me. The compulsion had no effect on her and she was still scared. She didn't know who I was; she saw me almost kill someone at the hospital. Wrapping my arms around her, I carried her to our room, against her wishes. Of course. She kicked and punched as hard as she could, but it didn't hurt me in the slightest. I didn't even have the effort to pretend she was hurting me.

"Jenna, please calm down. I know that you remember me. Please stop fighting me. I love you." I sighed, pinning her hands to her side. She still kicked and thrashed. She wasn't willing to give up any time soon. I had never seen such fear in her eyes. Not even when Rebekah compelled her... Then it all made sense. Rebekah had compelled her; it couldn't be anything else. Nobody just passes out from exhaustion and forgets their true love. Yes, true love. We couldn't live without each other. My vampiric claim made sure of that. I was quickly pulled away from such thoughts when Jenna freed one of her hand and scratched my face.

"Of course I remember you. I couldn't forget you! You abused me! You beat me and it was your sister that helped me get away. And I know that you're a vampire! I'll tell everyone! It's unsafe with you just running around as you do! Even if I have to die, everyone will know the monster that you truly are! You can't hide behind a pretty face forever." She choked out, a sadistic smirk masked her beautiful face. This wasn't my Jenna. This Jenna had been twisted and morphed into a girl bent on destroying me. Rebekah knew that I could never kill her. She chose her on purpose, but I was going to fix her. I didn't care how long it took. I was going to get my Jenna back.

~~~
WOAHHHHH GUYSSSS!!!
It's been like a month and a half!! I've been so stuck on what I should write, but I finally have the perfect idea! So you know that it won't be as a long a wait! I really hope this chapter is worth the wait! And I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes, lots of this was written on my phone when I was on a bus. Haha

SOTC: Confession Song by GOT7 (I'm so ready for Christmas)

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Enjoy
-A