Chapter 25 A Lovers' Quarrel

Chapter 25 ~  A Lovers' Quarrel

*POV switch somewhere...

Dylan’s POV

I woke up because something is tickling my neck. I tried to move but I realized Cate is using my arm as her pillow. Her face is buried in my neck and her warm breath is tickling me.

I am trapped too. Her arms and legs are draped all over me. I am overwhelmingly happy to wake up and find her in my arms but I also wanted to get up so I could prepare breakfast for us. How do I get out of her hold without waking her up?

She is laying all over me which is better, I think, considering that she is so light. If I had been the one laying all over her, she would be crushed.  Her perfect boobs would have been crushed. I wouldn’t want that, of course. Now, they are just pressing against me like soft little cushions. I smiled to myself. Is this what $ex depravation brings, lustful imaginings in the morning just before breakfast?

I last slept with this model almost three months ago. Yeah, it had been that long since I got laid. It has been too long, I sighed. No wonder Seth is pestering me about it. Why did I even tell him?

Anyway, I saw Cate’s picture on Lily’s desk when she asked me to pick her up from her office one time. Lily was still in the conference room and I was waiting in her office. I sat on her desk and I laid my eyes on the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen.

I saw a picture of Cate. I knew it was her. She was cute even when she was younger. I had to beat up boys just so they’d stop chasing her.

She has dark wavy hair. Her jeweled headband was not able to keep it in place so they were unruly in a sexy kind of way.  Her Kohl rimmed, blue eyes have a glint of naughtiness. Her nose and cheeks have a little sprinkling of adorable freckles in them. She looks so sweet and girly. Her impish smile speaks a thousand words, like she would agree to do naughty things with me. She is beautiful, sweet and mischievous. Just my kind of girl.

I will not deny it but I fantasized about that picture…a lot. Hey, I am a guy with raging hormones what can I say?

One night when Seth and our other friends went to a bar, I spotted this woman who was laughing with her friends. She turned out to be a model. I thought this model really looks like Cate. She has dark wavy hair, big blue eyes and slim figure. I thought she is taller than Cate, though. At that time, I had no idea how tall Cate was. I haven’t seen her for six long years.

I told Seth about it and he urged me to approach the woman. To cut the story short, we went back to her place and had some fun. It was fun until I blurted out Cate’s name when I climaxed. She froze and pushed me off of her and well, we had to cut short the fun night.

It was shallow fun for me. All of them were. I never felt satisfied. Something is always lacking. Sometimes, I even felt ashamed. I feel like I am using them because my heart and mind is somewhere else, in France to be exact.

That same weekend, I went back to the lake house. This is the same lake house where I spent lots of wonderful summers with Cate, the one and only girl who captured my heart since I was seven. I resolved to find her and find out once and for all if she is meant for me.

I called my friend Liam to check if he would like to come with me to France this summer. I knew his mother is French and that he hadn’t seen her in a long time. I would look for Cate while he looks for his mom.

Perfect plan, until Derek told me to wait a while and think about it. Think about it? I have been thinking about this for six freakin’ long years, bro.