Thirty-three

"Okay so at that time Hyungnim didn't want you guys to know what was going on until everything was finalized so I kept it a secret and I got close to Jeongyeon that way since we were the only ones that knew."

"So you kept secrets from me at that time?"

"Brian." Jae closed his eyes and put one hand over it. "Are you an idiot??"

"What."

"You just pick up what you want from what I say without even getting the big picture."

"Well you're wasting my time."

"Fine. I'll rush it."

~~~~~~
A year after Junhyeok's departure,

Jae was walking down the hallway and looked into Twice's practice room where he spotted Jeongyeon lying on the floor. He quietly tiptoed to scare her since she had her headphones in. Right before he booed she opened her eyes and took it out of her ears. She forced a smile and brought her hand up to wave.

"You look dead." He laid down beside her. "What's up?" He lifted his head up and used his hand as a support as he stared at her face. Then he gently pushed her hair away from touching her eyes. "Why aren't you talking?"

"Oppa."

"I feel special. So you'll call me that from now on?"

"Be quiet." She tried to sit up but went back to the same laying position.

"Why are you laying here?"

"It's going to leak if I stand up."

"Oh." He scratched the back of his head as a sign to show her he wasn't willing to continue the conversation. "What can I do?"

"Rub my stomach."

"What?!"

"Geez. You think wrong. Just do it. It'll help."

He slowly placed his palm on her stomach moving it up and down in a circular motion. "Dang. How much do you work out." He went under her shirt and she squealed.

"Yah! Your hands are cold. That makes it worse." She smacked his arm and pushed his hand off. "Just go away. Get out."

He laughed and rested his head on the floor. "Sorry."

"You wanna listen?" She held out one ear piece of the headphones.

"Sure. Wait not that-" Before he completed his sentence she pushed it into his right ear making him jump up.

"A-Are you okay?" She also sat up holding him. "I'm sorry."

"It's not you. I've been having sharp pains in there for a while."

"Your ear? Isn't that dangerous? You should go see a doctor."

"Not happening."

"Jae-"

"Don't even bother. My friend has been saying the same thing but I'm good. There's nothing wrong." He stood up and moved around to lay on her right side. "Now I can listen with this ear."

"You clearly have a problem but you won't fix it?"

"Shhh." He pulled her down to rest her head on his arm. "Let's listen." His phone started vibrating and he looked at it. "Talk of the devil."

"Who's that?" She asked lifting her head for him to stand up.

"My friend. Daniel." He stood up and moved over to the door. "Hello?"