Five

"So where exactly are we going?" Brian asked any one of them willing to answer him.

"The hospital... Jae you didn't tell him?" Daniel tried to keep his eyes on the road as he responded.

"I didn't want the attention."

Daniel fixed the rear view mirror to look at Brian. "Okay so basically we have a minor problem to fix."

"Problem?"

"Yeah, with his right ear."

"His ear?!" Brian tapped Jae on the shoulder. "Hyung!" He sounded terrified.

"Gosh be quiet." Jae snapped placing his palm on his forehead. "He said it's minor. Minor."

"YoungK don't freak out. It's not a big deal." Daniel joined to ease him. "It's something we can handle, trust me. He just has something like a cyst growing in there so we're gonna take it out today."

"Today? Isn't that gonna affect him."

"Well it's better than leaving it in. And once we remove it, it won't bother him unless he has a migraine or he's under a lot of stress."

"Would he still be able to hear perfectly though?"

"Bro he said it'll be fine once they take it out so relax." Jae answered instead.

Daniel's phone started ringing so he gave it to Jae to answer. "Put it on speaker."

"Yah seungjo! Where are you? You have a line of patients waiting here!" The person on the phone yelled.

"I know. I told Chae to fill in for me cause I had to go pick up Jae. We'll be there in like five minutes."

"Your name is Seungjo?" Brian asked when Daniel ended the call.

"Yes, my Korean name. Park seungjo. I was born in LA, that's where I met Jae. We both moved here at the same time but I went to medical school... oh right I'm three years older than him but we became friends since we were neighbors. I prefer him to call me anything other than hyung but he still does anyway." Daniel said and chuckled.

He pulled up in front of a building that had SHINHWA MEDICAL GROUPS placed boldly at the the top. "I work here." He unlatched his seat belt and addressed the boys, "alright let's go."

The three guys got out of the car and headed for the entrance. Jae had his earphones in, or at least it looked as if he did, and he avoided walking beside Brian.

Brian nudged Jae's folded arms. "So why didn't you tell me or anyone?"

He looked down. "It's embarrassing. It makes me look unclean, and having a cyst growing in your ear is the strangest thing ever."

"So where were you running off to yesterday?"

"I wasn't running off, Daniel was coming to give me more pills and I had to wait for him outside."

"Well you scared me when you were trying to stop a taxi."

"I just did it to cover up."

"Oh.."

"Okay I think we should walk faster." Jae took his hand and pulled him along until they caught up with Daniel. They went to his office to wait for him to get the operation procedures ready for Jae.

"You don't have to feel bad about not telling me." Brian said when it was just the two boys left in the room. "There's a lot of embarrassing things I keep from you as well." He played with his fingers like a child. His cheeks flushed pink.

"Like what?"

"Secrets."

"Tell me one."

"They're secrets Jae. Secrets shouldn't be told to anyone else."

Jae pouted. "Well it'll make me feel better if you told me one." He said sounding like a baby.

"That's not working on me."

"Please." He blinked continuously.

"Ugh. Well.. I like someone." Brian said quickly.

"You do? Ayyeee Brian. Who is she?"Jae started poking him.

"I can't tell you that."

"Please. I obviously won't tell anyone."

"No."

"Please-"

Daniel walked in and called Jae out.

"You still have to tell me." He said to Brian as he left the room.

Brian chuckled nervously and it was obvious that he was now regretting saying what he said.
-------
Thanks for reading! <3