Twenty-seven

"What are you doing?" Brian asked Jae as he walked into the room. He tried to look normal to prevent any unwanted questions.

"You're back?"

"Mhmmm."

"So wh-"

"Before you ask. I only went for a walk." He put his hands up in the air as if he was denying an accusation.

"What are you saying. I was gonna ask what you're eating for dinner cause we ate already."

Dowoon walked in and climbed on his bed. Brian's eyes scanned across from his face and then back to Jae's.

"There's nothing left?" He asked sounding shocked as his eyes widened.

"I don't know. I was the last one to eat and my rice was dished out already so I'm guessing-"

"Oh right," Dowoon joined in, "the rice is gone. Sungjin hyung said you left without permission so you don't get to eat."

"What is this?? Some kind of nursery?" Jae laughed while shaking his head. "Come on I'll help you make something." He got up and pulled Brian out of the room.

"Here you go." He said placing a bowl of instant ramen in front of Brian.

"Are we allowed to eat this?"

"Do we ever go by the rules? Eat."

"You want some?"

"Sure." He took a pair of chopsticks from the counter and sat down. "So anything you wanna tell me ?"

"No."

"Sure? Cause you look so happy."

"There's nothing."

"Alright." Jae took his phone when it pinged. "Aaaahh. She texted right on time."

"Jeongyeon?" Brian asked trying to seem indifferent about the situation.

"Yup yup."

A few minutes went by and the only thing that could be heard were slurping sounds. Brian stopped eating and held the chopsticks in the air contemplating whether or not to ask. When Jae looked at him wondering why he stopped eating, he decided to go for it.

"You never really told me about your closeness." He blurted, emphasizing on the last word.

"Well there's nothing much to it." Jae smiled as if he knew that question was coming. "We're just close." He added and went back to eating.

"Close friends?"

"What's it to you?"

"Curiosity." He responded and quickly slurped the last of the noodles left. "Okay I'm done." He got up and put the bowl in the trash. "Let's go."
-

"Good news guys." Sungjin exclaimed barging into the boys' room. "We get the whole week off."

It was the next morning and everyone had slept in.

"Could you at least knock. Dang." Jae snapped, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He pulled the covers over his head to show he didn't care for what the leader was saying.

"Why?" Brian asked getting up from his bed to look at sungjin.

"Well the managers complained since they had to go on the trip as well and Hyungnim decided to let them spend time with their family for the rest of the week. So we have no schedule whatsoever. Oh right. You!" He picked up a pillow and threw it at Brian's face. "Where did you go yesterday?!"