Seventeen

"Hyung please don't. Seriously, I was gonna hit you in the face the last time." Brian sounded serious all of a sudden.

"Are you bipolar??" Jae scoffed. "We were laughing just now." He added in disbelief.

For a while it was quiet. Jae looked up to see that Jeongyeon was seated in front of them, he tickled her to get her attention. When she turned to look at them, Brian dropped his head until she turned back around.

"What's up with you?" Jae asked.

"What?" Brian questioned.

"Lift your head high."

"Why is that bothering you?"

"Not me but her." Jae said and pointed at Jeongyeon. "Whenever she turns around, you look elsewhere. Are you avoiding her?"

"I don't think she cares."

"I bet you would look up if it was Nayeon." Jae teased and Brian just rolled his eyes.

Jeongyeon who wasn't intentionally eavesdropping slightly tilted her head towards Jae when he said that.

"Now I know what gets you quiet," Jae continued, "be prepared to confess your feelings on this trip." He said louder than usual.

"Don't do anything stupid." Brian's tone sounded even more serious. "I'm not playing with you. Don't."

"I'm not gonna do anything stupid. You're gonna be grateful, trust me." He got even more louder until Jeongyeon fully turned around to look at him.

"No seriously Jae. Don't. I don't want any help this time." He sounded uneasy as he held the older one's arm.

"Relax." He turned to look at Brian when Jeongyeon was now facing them.

She shook her head and looked away when she understood what he was doing.

"One of us will get hurt if you do anything stupid." Brian threatened.

"Oooouuu I'm scared." Jae mocked.

"It's things like this you do that piss me off." Brian said and looked out the window.

"Fine. I won't do anything." Jae responded. "Don't regret missing your chance."

Brian just sighed. He was oblivious as to what Jae's intention was in speaking loud enough for Jeongyeon to hear.
--

"We're here." The driver called from the front after the engine stopped. He pulled over and kept the headlights on. Everyone got down and offloaded their bags from beneath the bus. They all worked in pairs to build up their tents while the managers fetched logs of wood to start a fire.

Jae went to get the remaining things from the bus when he heard a manager on the phone: "....so you might not make it tonight? Oh okay. Okay we'll just have to wait then."

"What happened?"

"The second bus broke down. They have to wait for a substitute but it might take a while."

"Oh crap. They can't make it today?"

"I'm not too sure but JYP said they'll be leaving once they're able to get a new one."

"I'll tell the kids to come out so we can have dinner and try to waste time."

"Thanks."

"Mhmm."

Jae walked back over to the tent carrying the bed sheets and pillows. "Brian, the second bus is coming late so we have to do something fun."

"Let's make a camp fire then. I'll go get everyone else." Brian answered leaving him.

After singing few songs and playing some games, Jae decided to make dinner with Jimin. He assigned everyone else something to do but left Nayeon alone since her ankle still hurt. Brian, Dowoon and Sungjin finished their own share of the work and relaxed to play a game of Uno.

"Uno." Brian yelled for the fifth time in a row and then he dropped his last card and won the game. Again.

"You cheated." Sungjin said as he picked up the cards to reshuffle.

"I didn't cheat. I'm just good at this."

"Shut it."

"No seriously. I always play fair."

"Sure you do let's switch positions."

"Hyung that's not gonna change anything. Let's play on teams. I'll get extra people." Brian stood up and went to grab Wonpil.

"Are you serious right now? Wonpil? You brought Wonpil to play?" Sungjin asked looking up at the two boys.

"Hyung what's wrong with me?" Wonpil asked hiding behind Brian's shoulders.

"Yes what's wrong with him? Besides I didn't find anyone else." Brian joined.

"Oh yay." Sungjin responded sarcastically. "You probably told him to let you win again." He said getting up. "I'll go call some of Twice members."

After a minute or two, he came back with Jihyo and Jeongyeon. Then they selected their teams: Brian, Wonpil and Jihyo together, Sungjin, Dowoon and Jeongyeon together.

They would play individually but if anyone won, it'll mean that the team won.

"Hyung I'm still gonna win." Brian said sticking his tongue out at Sungjin. He looked at Wonpil and mouthed "Help me whenever I ask."

After playing two rounds, they noticed that Brian still kept winning.

"I'm done with this." Sungjin said tossing his cards on the mat they were sitting on. "I don't know how you do it but I know it's not honest."

"I told you I play fair." Brian jumped up and started walking towards where Jae was. He was uncomfortable around the girls and used the game as an excuse to leave since he was getting accused.

"Hey, where are you going?" Sungjin called after him attempting to stand up.

"I'll go get him." Jeongyeon volunteered and got up to leave.

She took deep breaths as she approached him from behind.

-----
Thanks for reading! <3