Twenty

"Ahjumma. Ahjumma." Brian called as him and Nayeon walked into the small building behind the shed. "I don't think there's anyone here." He said as he backed out.

"I see her coming." Nayeon replied pointing for him to look.

"Yes. Hello."

"Ahh. Hello." Brian said bowing politely to the old lady. Nayeon did so too. "We want ten crates of bottled water."

She pointed over to where they were and told Brian the price. He gave her the money and put Nayeon to sit on the chair next to him.

"I guess people marry at a young age these days." The woman commented after staring at Nayeon for a while. "Is she pregnant? Your wife." She asked pointing at her.

Brian almost let go of what he was holding. "No she's not and we're not married." He asserted and squeezed his eyebrows together. It was already uncomfortable for him to be with Nayeon and the woman's question just made it worse.

"She's not? Then why is she sitting?"

"She hurt her ankle."

"Ahhh, what a caring young man. Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yes." Nayeon joined in before he could reply, then she stood up. She stretched towards Brian for him to give her his arm, and when he did, she grabbed unto it and put her head on his shoulder.

"You make a lovely couple."

"We do." Nayeon tiptoed and kissed Brian on his cheek.

He forced a smile and didn't deny it out of courtesy. When the lady had walked back into the house, he gently let go of Nayeon but it was obvious he disliked the situation.

He put the crates in the trunk of the car after helping her sit inside to wait for him. She saw his phone ping so she checked it and saw a message from Jae.

"Oppa, Jae wants us to hurry up so that we don't miss out on anything."

He finished up what he was doing and hurried into the car.

"Why did you do that?" He asked on their ride back.

"You really don't know?"

He briefly glanced at her. "That was dangerous. What if the news gets out and then rumors start about us?"

"What news? The fact that we kissed or the fact that I told her we're dating ?"

"We didn't kiss- but yes both."

"It's not like she knows anyone that might be a reporter. She didn't even recognize us as celebrities so I don't think it matters."

"The point is you lied."

"Oppa-"

"Never mind. I don't wanna hear anything." He tried not to yell as he spoke. He didn't want to be rude about it but he wanted to set a boundary.

They drove in silence until they reached the campsite.
-
"Thank God you're here. It took you guys 10 years just to drive down the road." Jae said approaching where Brian had parked the car. "How's your foot Nayeon?"

"My ankle. It's better."

"Right. Your ankle."

"Hyung don't just keep talking. Let's carry them out together." Brian said lifting one of the crates. He walked away leaving Nayeon leaning on the car.

"Need help?" Jae asked sounding apologetic on behalf of his band mate.

"Yes please."

He took her by the arm and led her towards her tent. "What's wrong with him?" He asked.

"Who? Young k?"

"Yes. I see that he's not smiling. Never mind. That kid has some problems to deal with. You share a tent with Jeongyeon?"

"Yes. I think she's inside." They reached the tent and stopped. "It's fine I'll just go in myself. Thank you."

"Mhmmm." Jae replied and let go of her arm.

Nayeon limped in and saw jeongyeon lying down. She laid down beside her and faced the other way.

"Are you sleeping?" She asked.

"No. I heard you went out with-" Jeongyeon started to say.

"Yes yes. I went out with my boyfriend." Nayeon replied laughing to herself.

"Your boyfriend?"

"Okay so when we went, the lady at the store asked if we were married but he denied it. Then she asked if we were dating and I said yes."

"Well technically it's not denial if it's not true." Jeongyeon mumbled pulling herself up to sit then she cleared her throat. "Unnie don't you think you're being way too pushy?"

"I'm not, trust me. We even kissed."

"What?!" Jeongyeon yelled and jumped up almost hitting Nayeon in the face. "You what? With who?"

"With young k." Nayeon answered now looking confused as to why Jeongyeon was reacting that way. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"No. Never mind." She stormed out of the tent.

"Wait- It wasn't even a real one. It was on the cheek..." Her voice trailed off.

Jeongyeon had already left the tent area so she couldn't hear the last sentence.

------
Thanks for reading! <3