Twenty-five

It was Sunday morning.

"Good morning." Brian said getting up from his bed. He looked at Jae who was already seated in front of the mirror applying lotion on his face. "You're up early."

"Yup. Where are you going?"

"Brush my teeth then make breakfast."

"I'll quickly pray and come help you."

The two boys were in the kitchen, Jae sitting and watching Brian fix something for them to eat.

"You're so good at this Brian."

"What?"

"Frying eggs. You should do that for her someday. Nayeon, I mean." Jae sounded so annoying as he spoke.

Brian just chuckled nervously before rolling his eyes and inhaling.

"Do you have plans for how your dates are gonna go?"

"Hyung. Actually we're not that serious."

"Huh?"

"Me and her. We just kissed but that's it."

"Why?" Jae whined. "I wanted to go on double dates-" He suddenly went quiet as if he had said something he wasn't supposed to. "You know, you and Nayeon, me and Jeongyeonnie." He quickly added. He paused and stared at Brian's face waiting for his reaction.

Brian stopped what he was doing and just held unto the frying pan.

"Bro what the hell. You're gonna burn it." Jae almost yelled quickly getting up and pushing him out of the way. "Pass me the plates."

Brian did.

"Not just one."

"I'm not eating. I'm not hungry anymore."

"Brian. Brian. Bri-" Jae called after him as he walked to the living room. "Look if you're not eating then I'm not eating."

"Suit yourself."

"What's your problem this time? You switch from super sweet to moody. It irritates me."

"You irritate me. Gosh get lost! I'm tired of putting up with you!! I've been holding it in and decided to play fair but I can't anymore."

He watched Brian storm out of the apartment before he put on his shoes and ran after him.

"Brian! Young k!" He yelled running. "I'm sorry." He stopped when he noticed that Brian also stopped then he walked quickly and held his hand. "Look I'm sorry, okay?"

"Get lost."

"Brian."

"JUST LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE."

"No. Okay look I was only-"

"I'm so mad right now and can't think straight so please leave me alone."

"Bro."

Brian forcefully pushed him making him trip and almost fall.

"I said I was sorry and you're not even letting me explain myself. Calm down and let me-" Jae stopped and tilted his head to the side while shaking it then he tightly shut his eyes. He was in pain.

Brian put his hand on his head before holding him. "I didn't want this to happen that's why I asked you to leave me. Let's go over there." He pulled him to the benches on the side of the road and the two of them sat down. "Does it hurt a lot?" He asked worriedly.