Twenty-six

"Back to reality." Brian was laying down on the sofa in the living room. He had woken up earlier than jae and decided to watch something since he hardly did that. He looked up as he heard the sound of the room door opening.

"It went by too fast. Did you sleep well?" Jae asked walking into the living room to find the voice that had questioned him.

"Mhmmm. Sungjin hyung called, they're on their way already." Brian replied smiling at him. He got up and gave him a hug. "Are you okay?" He asked the older one still holding unto him and Jae responded by nodding.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Jae asked when they had let go of each other.

"Nah I'm good."

"Sure?" He made his way into the kitchen to boil some water.

"Yeah. I don't plan on going out for a while."

"Your choice." He sounded distant as he spoke and Brian went back to watching his show.
----

"What did you guys do without us?" Sungjin asked when all five boys were seated together on the kitchen table.

"Hung out with friends." Brian replied.

"So you basically ditched us. You guys ditched the entire jyp family for friends."

"Yup." Jae joined in.

"Anyway what's there to eat?"

"Nada."

"Nothing? You guys need to go grocery shopping right now." Sungjin said frowning.

"That better not be an order." Jae replied getting up. "I'm busy and I don't think Brian wants to go out either. Right?"

"Right." Brian answered and left the kitchen with him.

"Hyung we'll go." Wonpil volunteered.

"We?" Dowoon questioned also getting up to leave the table.

"Yes we. Me and you."

"No no. Bye."

"Yoon dowoon get back here. Now." Sungjin beckoned him with his finger and folded his arms.

The apartment was quiet. Brian was laying on the sofa. Jae beside him on his laptop. Dowoon and wonpil playing cards on the floor. And Sungjin taking a nap on the extra mattress in the living room.

Brian got a message and quickly jumped up.

"Dude you almost kicked me. Where are you going?" Jae asked moving his head.

"Out for a bit."

"Thought you didn't plan on going out for a while."

"Changed my mind. And I thought it's my choice."

"Yeah no need to be sarcastic. Lemme come with you."

"No it's fine. I'll be right back."

"Going to see jy?"

"Huh? What? No. What?" He quickly ran to the room to grab something.

"Who's jy?" Dowoon asked following Brian's movement with his eyes.

"Jinyoung apparently." Jae answered.

"Why would you go see Jinyoung hyung?"

"I never said I was. Look I'll be right back." Brian responded when he returned. He looked at Jae who was smiling mischievously then he dashed out after putting on a mask and his hoodie.

------

"You came really fast." Jeongyeon said walking over to give him a hug.

"I missed you." Brian replied taking off his mask but leaving his hoodie on. He held her putting one hand on her head and the other on her waist.

The two of them had decided to meet in a library close to day6's apartment. They were now in an aisle where people hardly walked through.

They sat on the floor.

"How did you escape?" Brian asked locking her fingers with his.

"Our manager urgently went home for the night so I told them I was gonna go grocery shopping for dinner. You?"

"I just told them I was going out for a bit."

"They weren't curious?"

"Jae was."

"What a surprise." She said with a sarcastic smile.

He moved her hand up and kissed it. Then they stared at each other until she broke the silence.

"So what did you wanna tell me?"

"Huh? Oh not now."

"When?"

"Wednesday. I want it to be special."

"I'm so curious now."

He held her waist pulling her to sit in between his legs. "This is better." He said resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Does Jae know about us?"

"No."

"Why?" She moved and squatted in front on him to look at his face.

He chuckled nervously before standing up. "I think we should get going before someone shows up." He sounded mad and it was obvious her question pissed him off.

"Right just go ahead and ignore me."

"I wasn't--"

"Wednesday.. let's go to a karaoke."

"Sure." He forced a smile while looking at her. 'That's how you wanna celebrate your birthday?" It occurred to him she had said it was her birthday that day.

"Yes. I get to do whatever I want." She replied and stood up as well.

"Just the two of us?"

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Okay."

"Yup yup. So I guess I'll see you on Wednesday." She said and turned around to leave.

He pulled her and hugged her from the back. "I wish we could stay longer. Be safe on your way back." He whispered into her ear.

She titled her head and kissed him on the cheek. "You too."

He let her go and she waved, then he put his mask on and headed back home.

-------
Thanks for reading! <3