Eighteen

"Oppa." She called after few attempts. She didn't choke on her words this time.

Brian turned around to see Jeongyeon smiling brightly. It took him by surprise and he didn't know how to react. His heart was racing as she started walking up to him.

"Hey." He said looking the other way to avoid eye contact. He awkwardly looked at her and she wasn't taking her eyes off him either.

"Can we walk together?" She asked when she was still steps away from him.

"Su-sure."

She quickly ran over to him and held his arm as she almost tripped.

"Where were you going?" She asked after regaining her balance.

"I wanted to help Jae... we can just take a walk though, if that's fine."

"Sure, let's go." She started walking and he did the same. "You cheated didn't you?" She asked bringing her face to his front view. He looked up.

"No I didn't."

"I saw you tell Wonpil to pass his cards to help you."

He chuckled. "It was that obvious?"

"Of course but how does that help you?"

"I'm not telling you." He sounded more relaxed as he spoke.

She laughed and pushed the strands of her hair behind her ears. "So are you and Jae really close or do the fans only think that?"

"We're pretty close. I guess it's a foreigner thing." He responded with a hint of confusion in his voice. It was weird that she brought up Jae all of a sudden.

"Ahhh I see." She cleared her throat and grabbed unto Brian's hand bringing him to a stop. "Oppa. What do you think of me?"

"Huh?"

"I mean. Do you see me as just Twice's jeongyeon-"

Brian's phone vibrated and he took it out of his pocket. "Wait hold up." He said looking at the screen. "Oh Jae said to gather for dinner." He turned around quickly and shut his eyes out of relief that someone saved his heart from exploding. "Come on let's go."

"Wait wait oppa I wasn't done-"

"It's fine we'll talk after we eat. I'll let you know so that we can leave and continue our conversation." He said speed-walking without even looking back.

She nodded and both of them hurried back to the camp site.

"Hyung what are we having?"

"Whatever you see in your bowl." Jae snapped at Dowoon. He was edgy after having to cook for over twenty people. He never really cooked for the boys either, sungjin did all the domestic related work.

"Thank you for cooking." Twice members said to ease the tension, slightly bowing to Jae and Jimin, and they received a smile in return.

When they were done eating, Brian looked at Jeongyeon and flicked his eyebrows. She got up quietly and walked away from the table just as he did.

They walked in silence for a while until Brian decided to speak.

"So what were you gonna ask?"

"Oh. Um.. I was wondering if- no no wait. Are you interested in..Wait.. Do you currently have a girlfriend?" She asked forcefully shutting her eyes.

He didn't answer. She gradually open them to take a peek at his face. He was smiling.

"Um- I don't know how to phrase it.. do you have an ideal type? I've seen you staring at me a couple of times and it just drives me crazy." She let out quickly in one go to reduce the height of embarrassment.

He still didn't answer he just kept staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" She sounded worried and sad at the same time as she touched her skin.

He shook his head.

"Then answer me."

"You asked a lot so which one sh-" He began to say.

"Do you like me?" She asked this time turning around to avoid looking at him.

She felt the flash of a light coming towards their direction. She opened her eyes and saw a van approaching.

"Oppa answer me." She said desperately. It almost felt like she was begging. She looked at the van and looked at him. Then she did that again, and again, and again.

She felt him pull her and they ran towards the side of the road. They hid behind a big tree and waited for the vehicle to pass.

"Why are we hiding ?"

"Shhhh."

He tilted his head to see if the van was gone.

"Oppa you still haven't answered me. I am so embarrassed right now and- Aaargh." She panicked when she heard the ruffling sounds of the branches behind her. She moved closer to him; practically hugging him tightly.

It was dark and he couldn't see her face but he still smiled when he felt her head on his chest. "Why are you burning up?" He whispered in her ear.

She lifted her head. "You didn't answer me and-"

She felt his lips press hard against hers. She tried to pull away but he held her tighter, then she didn't want to let go either. She closed her eyes and put her hands around his neck, and they remained that way for a few seconds.

"Do you still need an answer?" He asked caressing her face. He pulled on her lips again with his and deepened the kiss more than the first time.

"Did we just-"

"Yes Jeongyeon."

"So that means you like me back? Since when? Huh? Oppa?"

He chuckled and took her hand. "Let's go back now."

"Wait you have to answer me."

"Ahhh you ask a lot of questions. Let's just go back in silence...please."

"But you just-"

"Shhhh. You'll ruin the mood."

Both of them walked back to the campsite with their hands locked together. They eventually went separate ways once they were a few steps close to where they could be seen.

-------

Queen😻

Queen😻

Thanks for reading! <3

Someone said y'all were thinking this was gonna be a jaehyungparkian fanfic lol

Sorry