Chapter Eighteen

(A/N The opinions about Kaidan and Sam being friends again are so split! Oh well >.< Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to jazzstardust for her hilariously titled reading list ~MacBeka)

"So you like him then?" Sam asked.

Did I? Did I really like Jay? Well I wouldn't want to have sex with him if I didn't, right...?

"Yeah, I do," I murmured, getting some books out.

"What 's his name?"

"Jay," I told him quietly. 

Sam looked thoughtful for a few moments, frowning. I looked at him briefly before starting my work. 

"Wait... Is he that guy from the club the other night? The stripper?" His eyes went wide as I nodded hesitantly. "No way..."

"Yeah..."

"So you're dating a stripper? How'd you get talking to him? As far as I saw, he got on the stage and then got off again."

"In the bathroom," I muttered. Well at least that was true. "We got chatting and he gave me his number." Okay, so that wasn't true but Sam didn't need to know the truth...

"Wow... But you don't have a phone, do you?"

"I do now. Only a cheap one but yeah."

"Oh cool."

I noticed that he didn't ask for my number. Maybe he was waiting until I gave it him? That was a 'work' phone anyway, so...

"So what did you do last night?" he asked, getting a book out to pretend to be reading when one of the teachers walked past. 

"He took me out for dinner. I got a bit drunk by the end of it, too."

"Did he take you home and 'take care' of you?" Sam teased, grinning. 

"Oh shut up... He stayed the night but nothing happened."

"So what has happened?"

I blushed, remembering the blowjob I'd given him last night. "None of your business."

"Everyone on campus is talking about the hot kiss you two had this morning when he was dropping you off."

"Can we not talk about this?" I asked, looking up at him. 

"Sure, but when are you seeing him again?"

"This afternoon..." I murmured.

He laughed quietly. "You are whipped."

"Am not!"

He rolled his eyes at me and we both fell quiet as we started to work. Eventually I left him for one of my lectures. It was quite interesting for once so I had no trouble paying attention. There was one more class until I could see Jay again and the hour seemed to drag by, but I managed to get some work done. As soon as I could, I was jumping up, grabbing my stuff and hurrying from the room.

I quickly signed out and left. I stood in the courtyard for a few moments, looking round to try and find Jay. When I saw him, he was stood with a girl, laughing. I started to walk towards them, feeling a little hurt. 

When he saw me, he said something to her and hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek. She waved to him as she went back to join her friends. 

"Hey," Jay grinned as I got close. 

"Hi," I muttered.

"What's wrong?" he asked, frowning slightly. 

"Nothing..."

"That girl? You're worried?" 

I nodded slightly, looking away. 

"Oh Kaidan," he said, smiling as he pulled me into his arms. "She's a stripper in one of the local clubs. She's just a friend. She's having boyfriend troubles so she needed a hug really. Okay?"

I felt more at ease and nodded, putting my arms around his waist. He kissed me and then let go of me. I returned his smile this time as I stepped away. He took my hand and led me towards the car again. 

"So what are we doing?" I asked him, looking up at him. 

"I was thinking we could go bowling and then go for something to eat. What do you think?" he asked, glancing over at me for approval. 

I grinned widely. "That sounds brilliant."

"Are you hungry now?"

"Yeah, didn't have breakfast."

He nodded. "We can get something to eat, go bowling and then go for dinner depending on the time."

I nodded happily and smiled, getting into the car. 

He started driving, the radio on quietly. I turned it up, curious as to the sort of music he liked. It was a rap, hip hop station. Interesting... 

"You up for McDonald's for lunch?" he asked. 

"Are you kidding me? Yes!"

He laughed at my enthusiasm and heading for the nearest one. The quiet drive was nice and I grinned widely when the wonderful golden M came into view. 

"Take out or eat in?" he asked as he pulled into the car park. 

"In, if that's okay."

He nodded and parked, getting out. I did the same and started towards the building. He followed me as I skipped slightly, unsure whether I was more pleased about spending time with Jay or going to McDonald's. I shook the thoughts from my head and went in, getting in the queue. 

Jay joined me a moment later. 

"Chicken nuggets and chips with lemonade please," I grinned as I leaned up to peck his cheek before scurrying off to find a table.