Chapter Twenty-Four

Hurry up, Jay! I whined, jumping up and down in frustration outside my block of flats. I clutched onto the checklist I'd done, kind of looking forward to Jay's reaction to the answers. 

He was late. Five minutes late, but that was still late. I whined again before grinning as he pulled. 

His window was down and he was resting his elbow on the door, grinning at me, his eyes hidden behind sunglasses. I had to say he was looking exceptionally hot today.

"Hey," he said, grinning.

I quickly hurried round and got in the passenger side.

"You're late," was the first thing I said to him. He simply laughed. 

"Sorry, I was late leaving the house," he chuckled. "Got your checklist?"

I bit my lip as I did up my seatbelt. He did a perfectly executed U-turn as soon as I had. "Yeah."

"Mine's at home. You'll have to wait to read it. Would you like to read me yours or hide while I read it at my place?" he teased.

I blushed. "I'll hide, thanks."

He grinned widely. "I'd forgotten how cute you were."

"You only saw me yesterday," I grumbled, looking up at the window, fiddling with the sheets of paper in my lap. 

He laughed slightly and we both fell into a comfortable siilence as he drove. It wasn't long until we were in an area I'd never been in before.

"Do you want to stay the night?" he asked suddenly.

I looked up at him in surprise, my eyes wide. 

"R-Really?" He nodded silently. "But... I don't have any clothes except the ones I'm in..."

"You can have something of mine until I take you shopping," he replied simply.

"Take me shopping...? I don't understand."

"I'm taking you shopping for new clothes. We can go tomorrow."

"Don't I get a choice?" I mumbled, looking out the window, not wanting to meet his eyes. 

"You do but I simply assumed you'd want to. Besides, you'll have to have some decent clothes," he replied.

"Decent? Aren't mine?"

"Babe, they look like you've had them for a decade or more."

I blushed a little. "Maybe I have."

I could hear the smile in his voice when he spoke. "So we'll need to get you some. Need to make you more hot than cute."

"Oh shut up," I scoffed quietly. 

He laughed. He was grinning when I glanced over at him, making a smile tug at my own lips. 

"Fine, I'll let you take me shopping. Nothing too expensive though, okay? I don't trust you not to."

"I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die," he swore. 

I nodded, trusting him now. "Alright then."

I went back to looking out the window, somehow not surprised when I saw we were in an affluent area of middle-class houses. I rolled my eyes slightly as he pulled into a long private drive, following the path until the house came into view. My eyes went wide when the house itself came into view.

I was expecting something big but I'd never seen a house as big as this except in films. It was modern and painted grey and white.

"You live here?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah."

"It's amazing..."

"It's perfect. I had it built specially for me a couple of years ago."

I shook my head slightly in disbelief as he pressed a button on the dashboard and the garage door in front of us opened. He drove into it, revealing a range of others cars too... 

"Seriously, just how much money have you got?" I asked him.

"Enough," was his simple answer. "Enough to support a charity and myself."

"What charity?" 

He stopped the car and turned it off, unplugging his seatbelt. I did the same, unsure whether he was going to answer my question or not. 

"There's a few. One for military widows, another for homeless LGBT young people but the one I support most is a children's charity."

I think I just looked up to him more than I previously had. 

"What sort of children's work do they do?" 

Jay got out of the car after a few quiet moments. I frowned a little but followed. When he headed for a door that presumably led into the house, I still followed. Was he going to answer? He held the door open for me and shut it behind me.

The inside of the house was just as amazing as the outside, everything was white, except for a few pieces of coloured feature furniture. I followed him past a sweeping spiral staircase into what I assumed was the living room. 

"It's a charity for children who've been molested or raped," he said quietly, staring off into the distance as he sat on one of the white leather sofas. 

I blinked in surprised before sitting beside him, taking his hand. 

"I think that's wonderful."

He looked up at me and the look in his eyes made my heart hurt.

(A/N This chapter's dedicated to xAntiSocietyx for making me laugh so hard X'D The photo to the side is how I imagine Jay's house ~MacBeka)