Chapter Forty-One

"How did you...?" Jay trailed curiously, looking at me. 

"You said he had a master, and I reached my own conclusions." I shrugged in response. 

"Jay's been telling you about me?" the guy, Finny, asked, glancing over at Jay. 

"Not really. Just explained to me about your... lifestyle a bit, I guess."

"You were curious?" he asked, a playful glint in his eye that no one seemed to mention.

"It's not everyday you meet someone with a collar round his neck," I pointed out. 

"Hm," he said thoughtfully, "I suppose not. Ollie, why don't you go and make Jay's bed?"

Ollie nodded and immediately started for the door. 

"Ollie, don't. I'll do it later," Jay said quickly. Ollie looked over at him, curious, and I could have sworn the two shared a look and glanced at me. I blushed. 

"Oh." Ollie stood hesitantly, not wanting to invade our privacy and the... state of the bed, but also not wanting to disobey Finny. 

"Don't worry, precious, go and tell Murphy to start the car and get ready to leave," Finny said, turning the Hoover off. Ollie relaxed and nodded, turning to the door again. "Oh and, Ollie. If you continue to be good I just might give you your key."

Ollie grinned hopefully, his eyes shining in a way that said I didn't want to know what they were talking about. He dashed out the room, practically skipping. 

Finny rolled his eyes and smiled lovingly after the excitable man. 

Jay gestured to the two sofas and went to sit down. I followed him, and so did Finny. He sat opposite us on the other couch. 

"What's up?" Jay asked, putting an arm around my waist. I smiled up at him. 

"Ollie told me about your... friend." He glanced at me as he said it. "Ollie and I were going out for dinner tonight and we were wondering if you'd like to join us."

"We wouldn't want to interrupt on your private time," Jay said. 

Finny laughed. "Jay, honey, I'm not working for the next month; Ollie and I are having plenty of private time."

Jay groaned and let his head fall back onto the cushions. "I did not need that mental image of... whips and chains..."

He just laughed again, his grin kind of cute. "You know Ollie doesn't like whips."

"Oh shut up," Jay grumbled. 

I smiled and looked up at him. "We may as well go with them. Get out the house for a little bit."

"I suppose so..." he muttered, still distracted. 

I looked up and Finny was watching me intently. I shuffled uncomfortably under his gaze, wanting to make him stop. 

"Finn, you're doing that thing again," Jay said. 

The intensity suddenly stopped as his gaze was drawn to Jay. I sighed in relief - perhaps a bit too loudly - and my shoulders sagged. 

"Sorry, Kaidan," Finny said, sounding sincere in his apology. "You're just... interesting."

"Interesting how?" I asked, curious. 

"You seem... Very inexperienced..." Finny murmured thoughtfully. 

I blushed. "I am..."

"Hm..." His eyes continued to drag over me and Jay's arm tightened around my waist. 

"Stop sizing him up like a new sub, Finn," Jay said sharply, possessively even. Finny jumped a little and looked back to Jay. "He's way too young for you, anyway, and not sub enough for you."

I interrupted Finny before he could reply. "Why do you say that like he's looking for other... subs? When he's got Ollie."

"I have submissives other than Ollie."

I couldn't stop my jaw dropping in surprise. "What?"

"Ollie knows, kitten. It was Ollie's idea, right?" Jay said, trying to make me understand. 

"But... Why?"

"I have needs that sometimes Ollie can't satisfy. He didn't want me to leave him so he helped me choose a few subs to train up," Finn explained, only confusing me further. 

"He does kind of like it the way they look up to him, he just won't admit it," Jay grinned. 

Finn laughed and nodded. "Very true." He stood. "I best be off before Ollie comes back, begging for his key."

Jay rolled his eyes. "The poor boy."

Finny chuckled to himself and said he'd see us later, and left. The silence was nice as I tried to think about what they'd said. Why... I shook my head, thinking that I'd never understand. 

"Now, let's get dressed and then go and get you some new clothes. I know the perfect place."

His wicked and cheeky grin did not inspire excitement in my stomach.

(A/N Hope this chapter was okay, next one will be much better! Promise! Clothes shopping + Jay = some weird shit going down! Exams all week next week so no updates. May be able to get another one out tonight after a SP update. Chapter dedicated to amcdaniel76 for saying the words we're all thinking! ~Beka)