Chapter Fifty-Two

The club we pulled up to was familiar, vaguely. The name of it anyway: Sinners Playground. 

"Does the owner know he's missing an apostrophe?" I asked quietly, more to myself than Jay. 

Jay laughed and grinned over at me as we parked. "He does, because his friends poke fun at him every time it comes up."

"You know him?" 

"Yeah, Nick. He owns a lot of the clubs in town. The one we met at, for example, he owns that one too."

"Wow... You know, I've never actually spoken to Nick."

"Well you'll be able to meet him tonight," he said with a smile as he got out, grabbing the duffel bag from the back. 

I followed, looking around shyly in case I saw anyone I know, which was doubtful but still possible. I noticed Jay was a little bit ahead of me so I jogged to catch up. He led me down the back alley next to the club. 

"We're using the back passage," he said over his shoulder to me, a stupid childish grin on his face. 

I groaned at his bad joke. "You're really not as funny as you think you are."

"Kaidan, I'm hurt. I always thought I was hilarious."

"That's exactly my point, darling," I said softly, patting his shoulder. 

The alley was dark and I didn't notice when I took Jay's hand, but my heart slowed it's panicked rush when I did. 

"Jay?" a female voice said. I couldn't see who it was because I was behind him. 

"Hey!" Jay exclaimed, the grin obvious in his voice. "I didn't know you were on tonight, babe. It's lovely to see you. I've got Kaidan with me tonight for my gig, see how it goes."

"Oh, hey Kaidan, I didn't see you there," the voice said. It was familiar...

I had to stand on my tiptoes to look over Jay's shoulder. Mina was stood there, leaning against the wall eating a box of fries. She wasn't wearing much, but she did have an overcoat on in case she froze to death in her lingerie. 

"Mina, hi," I grinned. 

"Wow, you look hot. Well, as hot as this crappy light will allow," she laughed. 

I blushed slightly, unsure how to respond to that. 

"Anyway, we'll see you at some point probably, Mi, so don't die in that sexy outfit of ours."

She rolled her eyes. "No, babe, you're not getting a dance for free."

Jay scoffed at her. "I've got Kaidan, and he's much hotter than you."

"No arguments there," she said. "Go in and get ready before you're late for the horny old men."

"We're doing a private party," Jay replied, sticking his tongue out at her as he put the code in the door and pushed it open, leading me in. Mina gave me a wave as I passed. 

"Mina dances here?" I asked curiously. 

"She dances all over town but this is closest to her house apparently."

I looked around the room we'd entered. It seemed like a typical dressing room from films and stuff, counters full of makeup, mirrors everywhere. There didn't seem to be anywhere private to change, but I continued my silent search with my eyes. 

"The girls won't be in for a while on their first break so you don't need to worry about them walking in," Jay said as he dropped the duffel to the floor and started stripping off.