Chapter Forty-Four

I was woken from my light doze by Jay's body shifting beside me. I couldn't help the whine that escaped from my mouth. I was graced with a brush of Jay's lips over my temple. I smiled to myself.

"How was that?" he asked softly. All I could do was nod. If I was a cat I would be purring contentedly. I want to be a cat now... "Not too painful?" he asked, a concerned tone tinting his voice. 

"It was wonderful, but..." I trailed off, biting my lip. 

"But? But what?" He was definitely worried now. 

"Do I get to actually look at the apartment now?"

He was silent for a moment as he stared at me in dumbfounded relief. Then he was laughing, the rich sound beautiful and melodious, a song to my ears. I blushed to myself and hid my face in his chest, just taking in his scent. He slowly came to a stop and pressed a kiss into my hair. 

"Oh, Kaidan..." he said, slightly breathless from his laughter. "You're amazing. But yes, you can see the apartment now. Come on."

His warmth left me and I rolled onto my back to look up at him. My eyes dragged themselves slowly over his body, as if memorising it. 

"You're beautiful," I blurted out before blushing and biting my lip hard to stop from embarrassing myself further. 

His smile warmed my heart, small and genuine, reaching his eyes as easy as anything. 

"Really, you are," I said quietly, twisting to hide my face in the pillow.

"I was hot a couple days ago. Which is it?" he asked teasingly, making me blush more. 

"Both," I muttered. 

Fingertips were trailing down my back, making me gasp. I bit my lip again as his fingers went lower, reaching the end of my spine. My cupped my arse in his warm, slightly rough hands and kissed my shoulder blade slowly, almost lovingly. I had to have got that wrong... Lovingly? Seriously, Kaidan, get a grip of yourself. 

"Come on, apartment viewing," he said softly.

I peeked up at him slowly, to see him pulling on his boxers. For the first time, I noticed something about him that wasn't rich and flamboyant. 

"You have holes in your boxers," I pointed out as I sat up. 

"I know. I don't want to get rid of them though, I like them. They're my lucky undies," he mumbled reluctantly. 

"Lucky? Why?" I asked, a bemused smile on my lips. 

He was quiet for a few moments, fidgeting. "They're the ones I had on the first day I met you..."

My heart melted at the adorable look on his face, the hesitant look in his eyes as if I'd run away as soon as I knew, and the cute little posture he was holding. I smiled widely and stood, wrapping my arms around his neck. I had to stand on my toes to kiss him, and pull him down slightly to meet me. 

"That's strange," I noted, "because I seem to remember you wearing some sexy panties."

He laughed a little, relaxing against me and holding me close by my waist. 

"And I remember looking at your face as I danced. You looked like you'd never had an erection before," he grinned, making me blush again. 

"Never one like that."

"Had you ever jerked off before that?" he asked, interested. 

"Yeah! Of course I had," I said indignantly. 

"Ever had anyone give you a handjob?" I blushed and shook my head. He seemed to think for a moment. "To be honest, have I given you a handjob yet? A proper one?"