Chapter Two

(A/N Photo to the side is Asher Book, the actor I think looks like Sam, Kaidan's friend ~MacBeka)

After sorting through my pitiful wardrobe and finding a few outfits that would be alright for a night out, I discovered all sorts of holes and problems in the stitching so most of it went straight back into the cupboard without a second thought.

Once I'd finished with the whole palaver, all I was left with was a pair of black skinny jeans with tears in and an old grey t-shirt, both thankfully stainless. I dressed in them with a sigh and pulled on some old red sneakers. Thankfully they still fit; they were the only other pair of shoes I owned.

The mirror revealed the stupidity of the colours I was wearing. Nothing matched, let alone the red sneakers... It would have to do. It was better than nothing.

A glance at the clock said it was time to go and I grabbed my mostly empty wallet and left the flat, not even bothering to lock it behind me. There was nothing of value in there anyway. Not even a TV or computer.

I shivered slightly when I got outside, damning the thin t-shirt. I almost jogged to the pub where Sam said he'd meet me with 'our' friends. True to his word, he was sat in the pub garden, a half-finished pint in hand already.

"Kaidan!" He turned to his friends and giggled slightly before getting up and coming to meet me on the path. "Hey! You ready for an awesome night?"

"Yeah..." I replied unenthusiastically.

"It'll be great!" He clapped me on the shoulder and took my hand before dragging me back to the table.

I was greeted by some grumpy guys, who were silenced with a glare from Sam. They all quickly replaced their scowls with smiles.

"Everyone's here, we ready then?" one of them said, I wasn't paying attention to who.

"Yeah!" Sam exclaimed, clumsily putting his glass down so it spilt all over the bench and the stranger next to him. Neither of them seemed to notice.

Sam jumped up and looped his arm through mine before dragging me off. Everyone in our group laughed and got up, following us.

"Sammy, you're so gay!" one of the actually nice guys, Neil, laughed.

I couldn't help my small smile.

"Dude!" Sam exclaimed, making a sound of disgust. "Hell no, that is so gross!"

I had to join in with the laughter but my heart sank. Sam, my best friend, was homophobic... I decided I'd hide in my closet a little longer.

***

"A strip club!?" I practically shouted as we turned the corner. I dug my heels into the pavement but apparently rugby players are quite strong and managed to drag me with them.

"Of course!" Sam grinned at me. "We're gonna get you laid!"

"No! No, no, no, no, no!" I kept repeating my mantra, as if it would stop our progression towards the strip club.

The others laughed and just kept dragging me. Eventually I sighed and resigned myself to my fate of... Breasts. Was there a worse way to spend the night? I walked beside my 'friends' as we were allowed entrance by the bouncer, my body tense.

As soon as we walked in, there was just... Boobs... Boobs everywhere... At least there were no... downstairs lady bits on display. I'd have nightmares. Everyone ran off, mesmerised by the half-naked women. I forlornly made my way to the bar and just sat down, practically sulking.

I felt almost bad as I turned away the girls offering private dances, before I remembered that I'd most likely throw up afterwards, or worse: during. I ordered the cheapest drink there was, which was just lemonade, which was fine by me. I didn't even see any of my friends around, which was also fine by me. They'd only pressure me into a private dance...

I noticed after a while that there were quite a few non-naked women wandering around the place. Had we turned up on a lesbian night or something? Wouldn't surprise me if Sam planned that to be honest. I managed to zone in just at the end of an over-speaker announcement, but only heard the slight static as it was turned off. Suddenly the lights were dimmed until it was just a spotlight on the centre stage of the pole dancing. Some music started playing and some guy walked on.

Wait... A guy... A. Male. Stripper?! A male stripper... And he was fucking HOT!

(A/N Bit more of an interesting chapter I hope XD Next chapter will be... Interesting to say the least.... But you'll have to wait and see ;) This chapter is dedicated to TheHalfBloodPrince36 who writes some stories that are emotionally touching while still being uber sexy, and has given me a lot of inspiration for stories ~MacBeka)