Chapter Sixty-Seven

"If you're butt's cold, get off me and do something about it," I said with a grin. 

"But I'm comfortable on you, boo," he pouted, looking at me. 

"You really do love nicknames, don't you?" 

"I like making people feel special. Especially you, Kay," he muttered, as if he was embarrassed. 

"You're so sweet," I chuckled softly. "But I really do need to shower, then we can go into town."

"Fine," he mumbled with a pout, rolling off me. 

Standing, I stretched slightly and headed into the bathroom, leaving the door open as an invitation for Jay to follow me. I moved around the small tiled room, gettings things for my shower. I needed more shampoo... I'd have to go to the shop while we were in town, I decided with a sigh. 

"Don't sigh like that, it makes you sound really sad," Jay said from by the door. 

I turned to look at him, gasping and blushing in surprise. He was completely naked, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. I bit my lip and turned back to turn the shower on, beginning to strip too. 

"You don't mind me showering with you, do you?" he asked, coming over. He absentmindedly stroked a hand over my back as he stood beside me. 

I shook my head, peeking up at him again for just a moment. He smiled happily and leaned down to plant a soft kiss on my lips. 

"If there ever is anything you don't want to do, no matter what it is, you say no, okay?" he said, pinning me with a fierce look. I nodded, swallowing slightly. "Say it, Kaidan. I need to hear you say it."

"I'll tell you if I want you to stop," I assured him, nodding again.

He relaxed, shoulders sagging slightly in relief. I leaned up to kiss him softly before getting in the shower, ignoring the shiver the chilled water sent through me. Jay moved to follow but yelped when he put his hand under the water. 

"Kaidan, that's fucking freezing," he squealed, sounding like a little girl. 

I rolled my eyes. "Don't be melodramatic. It's cold, not freezing."

"Do you always shower like this?"

"Hot water costs money," I said with a small shrug. 

"You can't be serious."

I shrugged again, reaching for the little bit of shampoo that was left in the bottle. Jay took it before I could get it. He stepped into the shower again and sat cross-legged on the floor. 

"Um, Jay?" I asked, confused as to what he was doing. 

"Just sit down, silly," he said, patting his lap. 

I slowly did as he said, leaning back against him. The heat of his chest was practically burning in comparison with the water. I shivered at the contrast and shuffled closer to him. He kissed my shoulder slightly and squirted the remains of the shampoo into his hands before moving to massage it into my head. I would have purred at how good it felt. 

"You like that?" he asked hesitantly, a small smile on his lips when he kissed my neck. 

I just hummed, relaxing under his hands. He kept going far longer than he needed to but I didn't complain; it felt really good. When he let the water wash the shampoo away, I pouted slightly. He chuckled softly and picked up the body wash. I needed more of that, too. 

"I need to go shopping while we're out too," I said as he rubbed my arms with the soap. 

"Yeah? What for?"