Chapter Nine

(A/N This chapter is dedicated to my very best friend, fizzabel, who happens to write some extremely good Malec/The Mortal Instruments fanfictions that are definitely worth a read ~MacBeka)

"How do you know my name?" Jay asked. I could hear the frown in his voice.

"Uh, I..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Rob never tells people my name, how do you know it, Kaidan?"

I shivered at the sound of my name coming from his mouth.

"The club... The other day... You flirted with me in the bathroom," I told him quietly, glancing round as I started back towards the flat.

"Ah," he grinned, "so the cutie has a name. And he wants to get into porn. Can I ask why?"

"I need the money really..."

He chuckled. "That was my reason when I first got into it too. Although I wasn't a virgin at the time."

I blushed scarlet.

"So, you'd like me to train you up a bit, hm? Well I'm sure I can manage that. First though, we need to talk about your limits and what you do and don't like."

"What, n-now?"

He laughed softly. "No, Kaidan. Not over the phone. I'd like to take you out to dinner."

"Like a... Date?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, I suppose so," he replied, grinning.

"But what do I wear? I don't have much, let alone anything smart..." I started panicking, trying to think of an outfit I could wear.

"That really doesn't matter. Just wear what makes you comfortable, I will be."

"Okay... Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. I'll pick you up at... What time is it now?" he muttered to himself. "Half four, okay... I'll pick you up at half 6, is that okay?"

"Uh, um, yeah, sure..."

"What's your address?" he asked.

My face paled slightly. I didn't want him to see my flat...

"Um... Why don't you pick me up from somewhere else?"

"Kaidan, when I first got into entertainment, I was living on the streets. Wherever you're living, it can't be worse than that. Wear what you can, whatever you want, and I'll pick you up from wherever you're living with no judgement. People like us can't afford to judge others, Kaidan."

I relaxed and closed my eyes briefly as I got up to the flat. Neither of us said anything for a few moments until I gave him my address. There was a sound like a pen scratching on paper.

"Okay, thank you," he said. "I'll see you tonight. Try not to be nervous. And don't jerk off, I can tell and it makes you irresistible."

I gasped and before I could respond, he hung up, leaving me to stare at my phone in surprise and disbelief. I blushed and put the phone away, heading into the apartment block and heading up to my flat. Walking in, it hit me.

I was going to dinner with Jay...

What the hell was I going to wear?

I sighed and went into my bedroom, emptying all my clothes onto the bed, going through them. In the end I just sighed and put on what I wore that night in the club. Hopefully he wouldn't mind...

I heard the doorbell go and looked at the clock. 20 past 6, he was early. I took a deep breath, grabbed my keys, wallet and phone, running out and down the stairs, opening the door. I froze when I saw Sam stood there.

"Hey," he grinned. "Not spoken to you for a couple days so I thought I'd come round and just check on you." He lifted up a bag of bottles, beer no doubt. "Thought we could watch a couple films and get pissed."

I smiled. "I can't tonight, I've got a.. Uh, a date..." I blushed as I said the words.

He gasped a little in surprise and grinned wider. "Who's the lucky chick then?"

My face fell slightly as I remembered his homophobic remark the other night.

"Um..."

Just then, an expensive-looking car pulled up at the curb and Jay got out in skinny jeans, a white button-up shirt and a narrow black tie, a black blazer on too. My jaw dropped as I stared at him. He walked over to us, smiling.

"Hey Kaidan," he said, seeming to ignore Sam.

Sam glanced between us, frowning.

"Uh, Sam... This is Jay... My date..." I blushed. Was this really a date anyway?

Sam's eyes widened in surprise, staring at me.

"You... You're a gay?"

I cringed away from him.

"Kaidan, come on. We've got a lot to talk about," Jay said, looking at Sam with disgust on his face. He took my hand and pulled me away. I managed to pull the door shut as I was being dragged away.

Jay opened the passenger door for me and waited. I looked at Sam over the top of car and got in. He shut the door and walked round, getting in the driver's side.

"Evening," he said and started the car, driving off.

(A/N Cat's out of the bag now! What's gonna happen with Sam? We'll find out later, but for now, Jay and Kaidan :3 OMFG I'VE JUST NOTICED WE'VE GOT OVER 1000 READS, THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO HAS READ, HEHEHEHEHEHE! ~MacBeka)