The Start of Something Old

Two weeks. Two weeks had passed since my birthday. Two weeks had passed since Harry had left. Two weeks had passed since I'd last seen Tyler. Two weeks since I found out about my sickness. Two weeks that seemed to feel like two years. I'm currently sitting in pre-cal. Holiday could not have been any shorter. I am so sleepy.  It  has been a two weeks filled with doctors appointments, tears, and a ton of ice cream. Why did this happen to me?

The shrill of the bell made me jolt out of my seat. I was not expecting it. Oh goodness. I looked around to my classmates getting out of their seats and walking to their next class.  I quickly gathered my things and set off to my locker. Seeing Em on the way there we walked to my locker together.

"How're you feeling?" She asked, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

"I am so tired." I said, leaning my head against my locker and looking at her with emotional eyes. I sighed a little, lifting my head off my locker and opening it. I grabbed my geography book and shut my locker. We walked in silence to our next class. I had geography and she had maths. They were across the hall from each other. We turned to each other and quickly nodded goodbye before walking through the separate doors. Class was long and boring, it was the first day back and Mrs. Smith had us coloring in new maps. Usually I would be so up for coloring the maps, but lately I've just been upset. Maybe it’s the sickness getting to me, but who knows. I don't even want to call it a sickness. It just sounds like I'll get better. But nobody knows if I'm going to get better. That's what scares me.

The bell again rang, signaling that it was lunch. I packed my stuff, taking my time before standing and going out to meet Em in the hallway. And sure enough, there she was, outside my classroom door waiting for me. She smiled warmly at me before we set off to the lunch room. We quickly stood in line. After grabbing what looked to be a turkey sandwich, apple slices, and a water, Em and I set off to find Vi at our usual table by the window. It was closest to the door, but not near the trash cans. We sat down, Em next to her and I across. I handed her my sandwich and started nibbling on the apple slices.

"Hello, ladies." A voice sounded from next to me. I looked across from me, seeing both Em and Vi in awe, which could only mean one thing. It was a boy, but not just any boy, a popular boy. Not just any popular boy though, Matthew. I turned my head to the left and sure enough Matthew and his best friend Jax were sitting on either side of me.

"Can I help you, Matthew?" I said looking at him. He just smirked. He was going to ask something. The look in his eyes gave it away.

"Well-" He started before I held up my finger to him, stopping him.

"Matthew, if you're going to ask for a date I can already answer, and it’s going to be no. Sorry." I said, turning away to see a gawking Jax on my other side.

"What? Why?" Matthew asked, obviously dumbfounded that he had just been rejected.

"Because the whole dating scene isn't my thing right now. Need I remind you that I did get out of a relationship not that long ago?" I said, peering up at him with my blue eyes.

"Well, I understand that. But you didn't even let me ask, please Lex? Just one date. We could do anything you wanted." He was actually pleading. I looked over to a gawking Vi and a dumbfounded Em.

"I didn't let you ask because I knew what you wanted and I answered. Therefore there was no need for you to continue and waste a sentence." I simply stated, looking back to him. He looked hurt. It was the same look that was etched into my brain. I had seen it so long ago. And it broke me. I remember breaking up with him and seeing the exact same look in his eyes that was there now. That look had such an affect on me.

"Please, Lex. Just one more chance." He said softly. The look never leaving. I knew he wasn't going to give up. That's what killed me. His persistence. I sighed, looking into his eyes. The look leaving, knowing he had won.

"Fine, one date. That's all, and I get to pick what we're doing." I told him. A smirk growing on his perfect face.

"Great! I'll text you later." He told me, wrapping me in an awkward hug because  I was sitting and then kissed my cheek. Lingering a little longer than I would have like. He and Jax walked off, and I turned to look at my shocked friends. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to my apple slices. The rest of lunch was silent and soon enough we were all heading to English and then the day was over.

When I had gotten home mum wasn't home and there was a note on the fridge.

'Alexia, working late. Dinner's in the oven. 350 for 30 mins. I love you babygirl. See you tomorrow!Much love, Mum xx'

Sighing I walked over to the oven and saw what looked to be some sort of casserole. I turned on the oven and then the timer. I set it down gently and began walking into my room. It was the first day back and since I had finished my homework in class, I had nothing to do. Sighing I walked into my room and picked out some comfy clothes. A pair of navy sweats, one of Harry's tees, and a navy bra and underwear set. I grabbed my towel and walked over to the bathroom. I turned on the hot water, knowing I was on a time limit, quickly got in once I was stripped bare, my contacts were out and the water was warm. I quickly washed my hair and body and turned off the water. Grabbing my towel and shower slippers I walked back to my room. Quickly dressing, I noticed something on my desk.

My journal. The pastel green book with my name neatly written on the front. I walked over to it. It was a newer journal, with only a few entries. I picked up a pen and the journal and went into the family room. I turned on the tv and could smell what was in the over. Sitting on the couch, I pulled my knees up in front of my chest and started writing.

'Dear Harry..'

************************************************

I know, I know. It's been FOREVER. I'm a terrible person. I'm terrible at commitment. I'm a terrible author. I know. I genuinely am sorry. But guess what, IT'S SPRING BREAK!! Therefore, I will be trying to write everyday that I can.
Also, I got a camera for Christmas, and it's kind of just been sitting in my room. SO, I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel. Thoughts? Ideas? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS!
Alrighty, I think that's it. OH, also, if you guys do tweet me, follow me on Instagram, or even Kik me, I would respond. LET ME KNOW YOU'RE NOT A GHOST/DEAD FOLLOWER. PLEASE. I'M BEGGING.
Love you guys bunches!
~Helen xx