Chapter 30 - Avoiding Goodbyes

I stared at myself in the mirror one last time before going downstairs to meet Hannah at my front door. We were on our way to the game and I wanted to make sure that I was looking nice, especially for Noah, as dumb as it sounded. I knew he was going to ask me out again and not only that, I had some extra news for everyone.

     I blinked at my own reflection. I remembered everything I was only a couple of months ago, an idiot who thought I could skip out on the social circuit. I was naturally a talkative person, even when I didn't want to be. As Bailey had said when we were out shopping before my first party in this new town, I was bound to crack. And I did. I laughed at myself. Man, I was so stupid to even think that I would succeed. I was even more stupid to actually try to do it.

     I grabbed my jacket and wallet before flying down the stairs, saying bye to my parents, and then walking out of the door with Hannah. I hadn't realized I was still smiling at myself until she asked me why I was smiling.

     I shrugged. "I'm excited."

     "Yeah, you still love each him," she decided, muttering. I don't think she knew I was listening. I rolled my eyes at her.

     "I heard that."

     She just sighed. "Whatever, let's just go."

     We hopped into the car and began making our way to the game. "We're going to get there early, so you can talk to all of the guys for a little, unless the coach doesn't want you to."

     I shook my head. "He'll let me. I think the coach likes me," I laughed.

     "Probably because you were dating Noah. And you always argue with Ray before a game, which I guess makes him do better 'cause he's all mad and stuff," Hannah concluded. I nodded, agreeing with her statement.

     "Sometimes, I want to kill Ray," I admitted, leaning back and remembering the day at the hospital. I massaged my temples and sighed. "He's an idiot."

     "But so he's so damn sexy," Hannah sighed. I looked over at her with a weird look.

     "You have a boyfriend," I reminded her.

    "I'm allowed to look at the menu, I just can't order," she smirked. I laughed. Hannah and Peter's relationship was getting a little rocky nowadays. He wasn't treating her the best and she had really thought of finally giving up on him. She was a pretty girl, so I knew that after they broke up, she would be able to find another boy quickly.

     "Do you think Ray's hotter than Noah?" I asked her. She shrugged.

     "To be honest, I think Ray is a little bit hotter, but Noah has a way better personality," Hannah chuckled. "No offense to your man."

     I rolled my eyes. "He's not my man."

     "Dude," Hannah addressed me. I knew that what she was going to say was pretty serious based on the tone in her voice. "No one's going to try to take him away from you, except some of those dumb sophomore girls, who don't even stand a chance. Everyone really thinks you guys are going to get back together, so there's not even a reason to try to get him."

     "Really?" I asked. I bit my lip. I guess that we were really predictable. I thought about it. Did I really want to get back together with Noah, the super hot football player that cheated on me with one of my friends? I wasn't sure at this point. It was too early for me to decide, it hadn't even been that long since we officially broke up.

     "Yeah," she said. She leaned forward in her seat to see if any other cars were coming when we pulled up to an intersection. "I mean, did you even see him after that break up? He looked a thousand times worse than you did and you looked really, really bad and were hospitalized."