Chapter 2 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 2

     "Uh, how do you know my name?" I asked him. 

     "You know Bailey? My girlfriend? Yeah, she said that you were in the same class as me and that I should meet you because you guys are friends now or something." He replied, pulling out the chair to his desk and sitting on it.

     "Well, I mean more of like acquaintances. We just walked to the main office together. So, uh, what's your name?" I asked, but then asked myself why I did that. I didn't want to know him because then I would probably start liking him, and then if he liked me he would ask me out and I would be his girlfriend!

      "Noah."

     "I'm Keaton," I said, but realized that he knew that. "but you probably already knew that." Wow, real smooth. I thought to myself.

     "Yeah, I did," He laughed. Then, I heard the teacher call my name. 

     "Here." I answered. After she finished the attendance, she pulled up a syllabus on the projector screen and began explaining it.

     "First days are annoying. All they do is just say the obvious rules and regulations." I whispered.

     "Yeah." He agreed. He ran his fingers through his hair. It was sloppy and tousled, but it made him look like the football player he was.

     His arms looked so strong and powerful compared to mine. Each movement he made, you could see his muscles work. I was in awe.

     His white v-neck was tight on him, and boy, it made him look even better. I stared at his abs which I was able to see because his shirt was a little see-through. I really just wanted to run my fingers around every ab separately and feel them.

     "Hey," He said, stunning me out of my staring. "Were you just checking me out?" He chuckled.

     My cheeks were hot and red. Way to go, Keaton! "Uh," I said. "No?" 

     "Come on, don't lie." He teased. "You like what you see?"

     "Dude, please." I replied. He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes, beginning to listen to Mrs. Tom, who was talking about bathroom passes.

     "If you aren't back in six minutes, you will be sent to the principal, so no abusing bathroom passes okay? There's literally a bathroom two doors down, so it should take you less than three minutes to get back here. Everyone understand that?"

      "Yes," The class said in unison. Instantly bored, I looked over at Noah who was playing with his yellow pencil. He was just moving in between his fingers, it looked pretty cool.

     "Whoa," I whispered, super quietly. I thought that only I could hear it, but he looked at me and winked. Here come the red, flaming cheeks. I still watched as he dwindled his pencil through his fingers. I bet he could snap ten of those at once. Man, I wonder what his muscles would look like as he was doing that!

     Keaton! Snap out of it! I thought to myself. My heart kept making me stare and wonder, but my brain kept telling me to cut it out. So basically, it was the first day at my new school and I was already in a battle with myself. Great.

     Finally, after that agonizing class ended, I grabbed my bag and pushed in my chair. Noah waited for me to put the paper in my binder and then walked out with me.

     "Wasn't that class just exciting?" He asked sarcastically.

     "Yes! I wish I could just sit there all day long!" I laughed. I saw him laugh a little and then he pulled me off to the side of the hallway.