Chapter 23 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 23

     The whole weekend was a waste of time, because I was grounded. Hannah called to ask if we could hang out, but I had to tell her I couldn't. Noah called just to check on me, but he really didn't say much after that and then Ray called to apologize about what happened at the party and I forgave him. There was no need to hold grudges here.

     Monday came really slow. But when it did, I was extremely happy to go to school. I needed to get out of that house since I was stuck inside since Saturday morning and also because today I would begin to officially date Noah.

     I knew it was kind of weird to wait a week until we actually went out, but I'm happy I did. When I showed up at school, Noah came up to me with a big grin on his face.

     "You look so happy, Noah," I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

     "Well, I am," he smirked. His eyes trailed down to my lips and I smiled as he leaned in. I kissed his soft lips and then pulled away when we heard the warning bell a minute later.

     "Time for chemistry," he moaned. 

     "I stll have to put my stuff away, Noah," I laughed, walking toward my locker. He walked with me to my locker and watched as I put all my stuff away. Hannah came up beside my locker and helped me put my stuff away.

     She leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Are you guys dating?"

     I nodded and she frowned. "You do realize Kayla will do something very bad to you, right?"

     I turned around and looked at Noah who had this sympathetic look in his eye. It was like he was sorry that Bailey, Kayla and Andrea hated me. And I guess it kind of was his fault, since he asked Kayla to homecoming and not me, as mean as it was to think that, but I didn't say anything.

     I slammed my locker shut and then said goodbye to Hannah and then walked with Noah to our class.

     "I caused all this," he admitted. "I'm sorry that they're doing all this dumb stuff. Kayla's just mad at you that I like you more than her."

     "It's fine. I mean, I don't mind them as long as I have at least someone. Like Hannah and you," I smiled. He smiled back at me and then I gave him a quick peck on the lips before we turned into our classroom. Kids were standing up and just hanging around while Mrs. Tom was sitting at her desk on the computer.

     When English, my last class of the day, came to an end, I walked out with Hannah, since she was in my class.

     "Hey, do you want to come over today? I think Ray is hanging with my brother, and I do not want to hang with them," Hannah asked. I nodded. We walked out with the cold air hitting us. It was already October, so the cold air was coming on strong. I was wearing my thin Northface jacket, but it didn't really help much.

     I quickly waved bye to Hannah because I couldn't stand the cold winds hitting my face every two second. I ran to my car, even though my stupid ballet flats were giving me bad blisters. Even with band aids, I still felt a lot of raw foot skin being rubbed on excessively.

     I knew it was illegal to drive barefoot, but I had to give my poor feet a break from the terrible shoes I was unsuccessfully trying to break in.

     The parking lot took forever to get out of since no sports teams or clubs were going on after school, so everyone was leaving. I was right behind Hannah's car and I did almost hit her car a bunch of times with all the starting and stopping. I'll admit, I'm not always the best driver around.