Chapter 21 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 21

     I leaned into Noah covering my eyes. He laughed at how scared I was at the dumbest parts, that turned out not be scary.

     "Tell me when that part is done," I whimpered, pressing my face into his chest. I could feel his hands moving up and down my back, soothing me a little bit.

     "This isn't real, Keaton," he whispered. "You do know that, right?"

     "Yes, but I keep thinking it is!" I cried. My whole body was tense when I looked back at the screen.  The girl was trapped in the room, crying her heart out as her brother was being brutally murdered by the serial killer. 

     The killer left the room dragging her brother's body. The girl knew she had to get out fast before she came back. Her face was dripping with sweat and the music was loud in the background. She took the lamp and broke the window, making a loud noise that the killer heard. The killer ran to the door, trying to unlock it quickly before the girl escaped. The girl was bleeding from the glass shards peircing her skin, especially on her feet. 

     My heart was racing. "Go, go, go!" I cried. I covered my eyes and pressed into Noah's side. He played with my hair and rubbed my back.

     "It's not that scary," he whispered into my ear, chuckling a little. I calmed down a little when he did that because it made me feel safe everytime he whispered to me.

      The girl managed to get out before the killer grabbed her. The blood on her feet left marks in the white snow, and she was cold because she was only wearing a thin, gray blood-stained night dress. The killer followed the red footsteps, which eventually faded into plain white footsteps. 

     He followed the marks in the snow, smiling like a mentally ill patient. My heartbeat went faster and faster as he followed the marks. The girl was slowing down and she was freezing. There was no one in the forest, except an old creepy house. She ran to the house, and found an old pair of shoes to keep her feet warm.

     When she looked back the killer grabbed her. He kicked her in the stomach till she coughed up blood and then he slit her throat. He left her body in the snow and then went back to his house and killed himself.

     Then the movie ended. I was shocked.

     "That was a bad ending," I pouted as the lights automatically came on.

     "Yeah, it was. What the hell," He laughed. We sat in silence while he continued to move his hand up and down my back.

     "Oh, crap. I better get going," I said, checking my phone. "My mom is going to freak out."

     "Yeah, let's go get your stuff upstairs," he said standing up after I did. He turned off the TV and I followed him back to his room. I heard rain outside, and I groaned. Now I would get all wet and disgusting.

     "It'll pass in an hour or so. Just text your mom and tell her that you want the rain to stop before you leave to go home," he suggested, leading me upstairs.

     "Good idea," I said, pulling out my phone and texting my mom. She said it was fine. It was about six o'clock so I wouldn't have to worry about driving after curfew.

     "So, what's up?" Noah asked, sitting in his bed with the laptop. 

     "I can stay until the rain stops," I sat on the edge of his bed. 

     "Cool," he said, sitting next to me. I could feel his eyes watching my every movement. I looked over at him and he stared at me.

     "What?" I giggled.