Chapter 16 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 16

     "You know you have only an hour to get ready before Ray comes," Hannah warned.

     "Mm-hm," I replied. I pulled my hair out of its bun and threw my head back onto my pillow. "I better start getting ready then."

     "Ya think?!" Hannah laughed. "I'll see you later tonight."

     "Yeah. Bye."

     "Bye."

     I tapped 'end call' and then tossed my phone aside. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my dress laying on my dresser.

     I walked over and picked it up. I still thought the dress was stunning. The silver rhinestones were sparkling like diamonds and the purple cheffan fabric flowed beautifully when I walked around in it. My shoes were a gorgeous gold that would make my painted toenails look good. I was planning for my hair to be in elegant curls and my makeup would be simple. I didn't want to go overboard.

     I couldn't wait to go to the dance tonight.

     I grabbed my curling wand and plugged it in the wall socket and rested it on the bathroom countertop.

     I grabbed my makeup bag. I applied some foundation, powder, contour, and blush then moved onto applying a sparkling silver eye shadow. I drew some eyeliner in my waterline, drew a little on the top, too, adding a little wing and smiled at the result.

     I held my hand over the curling wand and felt the warmth rising, meaning it was ready to be used to curl my hair.

     I wrapped a peice around the wand and was careful I didn't get burned, like I did the first time I curled my own hair.

     I continued the process, adding in some hair spray in between.

     When I finished the last peice of hair, and changed into my beautiful dress. I had ten minutes before Ray would be here. That was the fastest I had ever gotten ready for anything.

     I grabbed my heels and slid them onto my feet. So far, I was having no problems with my outfit and I was extremely thankful.

     I ran into my closer and began searching through my drawers trying to find the silver clutch I bought last year.

     When it was in sight, I grinned and grabbed it from the spot it was sitting in.

     I posed in front of my mirror, checking to make sure everything was perfect. My hair was actually surprisingly pretty, and my dress was not too tight but not to loose either. I felt beautiful.

     When I heard the doorbell ring, I dashed downstairs. My mom was walking to the door, smiling.

     "Oh, honey!" she gasped. "You look beautiful."

     "Thanks, mom," I smiled, while I opening the door to find Ray standing outside.

     He was wearing a black suit with a purple tie that matched my dress. He was carrying a corsage with a purple flower that matched my dress. He held out the corsage to me.

     "Here you go," He said, as he put it around my wrist. He already had the boutonniere on, so I felt a bit bad.

     "Thanks, but you really didn't need to get me that," I chuckled. He shrugged, then looked at my face, then my dress, then my shoes.

     "Wow," he gasped. "You look very pretty."

     "Thank you," I blushed.

     "Are you ready to go?" He asked, taking my hand.