Chapter 22 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 22

     "Party at Noah's at 7!" the text read. I was actually pretty excited when I read that. I've been wanting to go to a party for a while, since throwing my own was not an option. My parents thought that kids would start breaking all the expensive vases in my house and then find my dad's studio and destroy his precious artwork. I couldn't argue with that. Kids were crazy when they were drunk.

     The text was sent over a huge mass group text, because then my phone was buzzing with texts from random unknown numbers. Everyone knew everyone, except me. I only knew Noah's, Peter's, the girls', Laura's and her friends', and Ray's numbers.

     When everyone stopped replying back in the message, I got a private message from Noah. He asked me if I would come earlier at six thirty. To be honest, I really didn't want to come earlier. I mean, he would probably just want to kiss me or something stupid like that. Then the message was followed by another message saying:

     "Please, Keaton."

     I had to find an excuse not to go. It's not like I didn't like Noah or anything like that, but I just wanted to hold back from all the kissing and stuff until we officially start dating. His kisses were just pure amazement and I would never want to stop kissing him since they were so perfect, which would usually make him think that I wanted 'to go all the way'. The last thing I wanted was to lose it like that.

     I sent him a message saying I wouldn't be home until six forty-five, so I wouldn't make it. He said it was fine. I did feel kind of bad for lying, but I did lie a lot, anyway, so it really didn't matter that much. Besides it was just Noah. It's not like I'm lying to the President or something.

     I pulled up to Noah's house thirty minutes late. I could hear the music and all the people screaming from the yard. Yes, people were screaming. I parked in Noah's long driveway and then headed to the open door where you could see the main crowd of people just going crazy. It was like a riot.

     I walked further down the hall and into the kitchen where I grabbed a Gatorade and some chips. Then, I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Ray.

     "Uh, hi, Ray." I half-smiled. I didn't know what he wanted from me now. We hadn't been talking much lately. He smiled back at me, holding an almost empty beer bottle.

     "Hi, Keaton," he said, with his breath smelling only of alcohol. I gagged discreetly, so he wouldn't get offended. "Will you take your shirt off?"

     I was taken aback at first, but then I realized it was his drunk side speaking. "No, Ray," I chuckled. He took a swig of beer and then put the empty bottle on the counter. He took a step closer to me. I wasn't scared of him because he wouldn't be able to do anything to me since he was drunk. Plus, there were people here to help if something happened.

     "Take your shirt off, Keaton. I wanna see your boobies," he laughed, his hand was reaching toward my chest and I slapped it away. This time, I wasn't laughing. He was being extremely inappropriate.

     "No, Ray. I'm not gonna do that."

     "Please?" he asked, with big puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I turned looked away for one second and then, next thing you know, I felt my shirt being tugged upward and my stomach was becoming exposed.

     "Ray, stop!" I spat, slapping his hand. He just smiled at me and then grabbed me so I couldn't escape. His hands were creeping up my shirt and I was trying my best to be set free, but he was just so strong. I wouldn't be able to get him off myself.