Chapter 8 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 8

     "Come on, Keaton. Sit down!" Kayla said, patting the open spot next to her. She seemed excited, probably because of the small chance of kissing Noah. 

     "Can I sit out on this game?" I asked, slowly backing away. 

     "No! Come on. Don't be a wuss," Matt said. I bit my lip nervously and then sat down next to Kayla. She smiled at me and then turned toward everyone else.

     "Who's starting?" she asked, excitedly.

     "I will," Logan suggested. "But first, rules. The guys decided on these before you all left, so hopefully no objections. Rule number one is that if lands on the same gender, we are going to re-spin. I'm not kissing any guys here alright?"

"Aw, but you and Matt seem to really have something going on!" she teased. Everyone laughed a little, even Matt and Logan.

"Bailey, back off, will ya?" He chuckled. "Continuing on, rule number two is that the kiss has to last for at least two seconds. Rule number three is that if you don't start the kiss within three seconds of being called up then you chose between a french kiss or seven minutes in heaven. If you chose French kiss, then you kiss for ten seconds and if you chose seven minutes in heaven then you have to kiss at least once while you're in, uh... the pantry!"

     "No seven minutes in heaven," I begged. "Please."

     "We are doing seven minutes in heaven, Keaton. Sorry. Anyways, go, Logan. Spin!" Matt said. Logan grabbed the bottle and spun it. It landed on Hannah.

     "Of course I have to kiss the biggest asshole here," she complained, as she crawled into the circle with Logan. "And none of this is mentioned to Peter." They kissed each other. We counted to two and then they quickly backed away. Hannah wiped her mouth in disgust.

     "Damn, that was hot," I heard Logan whisper when he was sitting back in his original spot. Only I could hear it, though, because I was right next to him. I giggled and nudged him. He shot me an angry look.

     "Okay let's just move clockwise. So, Keaton you are up." Bailey said. I groaned. Why couldn't we go the other way so I could be like the last one or something?

     "If you don't kiss within three seconds, then you chose either a French kiss or seven minutes in heaven!" Bailey reminded me, laughing, as if she knew I would back out.

       I crawled to the center with my heart beating out of my chest. My fingers grasped the bottle and I took a deep breath and spun it. It seemed like slow motion. I watched the bottle nervously when it began to slow down. When it did, I looked up to see who I would have to kiss.

   It was Noah. I just about died. He got to have his kissed

     He smiled at me, then crawled to the center. I looked down. Everyone began counting down. I was breathing fast, and then I looked up at him and leaned in, but then shied away. Everyone yelled 'zero' and laughed.

     "Ha-ha, you were too late, Keaton. You either do seven minutes in heaven or french kiss. You chose," Logan said. He pulled his phone from his pocket, like he was ready to record us on video.

     "I wasn't ready!" I argued, angrily. "No way!"

     "Well," Noah said quietly. "Rules are rules. . ." I gave him a pleading look. Everyone agreed. I glanced for a second at Preston, who was frowning. He looked really uncomfortable with the idea, but he didn't say or do anything.

     I didn't want to makeout with Noah in front of all these people and be taped by Logan, so I decided on seven minutes in heaven. I saw everyone's confused look as we left to find the room. We entered his pantry. Maybe I shouldn't have done this.