Chapter 20 - Avoiding Goodbyes

Chapter 20

     I didn't pull back when he kissed me. We shifted on the bed so that I was sitting on his lap, basically straddling him. I felt his tongue swipe my lower lip, signaling that he wanted to enter my mouth. I let his tongue in, and it instantly found mine.

     I could feel the electricity throughout my body. It traveled all the way down to my toes and then back up again to the top of my head. For a moment, everything that had been bothering me just lifted off my shoulders and I was in this euphoric state. His hands moved up and down my waist as his tongue massaged mine leaving my head going crazy. More, more, more

     He lifted me off him and laid me down on the bed. He crawled on top and we resumed the electrifying kiss. We fought over who would be the dominant one, and he managed to take me over. My heart was beating fast and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pull away. I just wanted him to keep going. I couldn't see anything else, but him and I liked it that way.

     He kissed my chin, then planted kisses along my jawline and then moved down to the side of my neck. I continued to close my eyes. That was when I started seeing a red flashing light telling me to make him stop in front of my eyelids.

     He was getting closer to my chest, leaving love bites, and I didn't want to him to go any further. I let out a weird noise, and I could feel him smile in my skin. I bit my lip to prevent any more sounds because I couldn't let him think that I was fine with this.

     "Noah," I whispered as his hands trailed up under my hoodie and then out to my waist. I helped him take off my hoodie and he moved his lips down and my t-shirt up, so he was kissing my bare stomach. Each kiss tickled, but it was a good tickle. "Noah..." I said again, probably a little too seductively.

     "Mm," he murmured into my skin, sending chills through my body. I opened my mouth, and a second moan was about to come out, but I stopped myself. I had to get him off. Now.

"Noah," I whispered again. He climbed up and took off my t-shirt. I tried again to stop him, but I just couldn't! His touch was amazing.

     "What, baby?" he said, kissing my stomach. I pressed my lips together, but he came back up and kissed my lips. I ran my fingers through his damp hair. Just when he was about to unhook my bra, I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

     "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I can't do this. Not now, not here."

      He got off in less than a second and looked away, uncomfortably. While he sat on the edge of the bed, I grabbed my shirt quickly and tugged it back on, as he wiped his face.

     "No," he muttered. "It's my fault. I should be the one apologizing."

     "I think you should just go now," I advised. He nodded and stood up. My heart ached as I saw him walk out of my room. I felt so bad. I had just pushed him away, again. I followed him, not being able to take my eyes off his butt, that cute, cute butt.

     "Thank you for lunch," I smiled, trying to make him feel better, once we were downstairs.

     He smiled back and winked. "Anytime. I'll see you in school, then."

     He stepped outside and then walked to his car. I closed the door once he got inside the car. I slid down the door and pulled in my knees.

     I couldn't believe I almost did that with Noah.

     At school the next morning, I slid into my seat next to Noah in biology. He smiled at me, and it instantly became awkward. It was really weird sitting next to him. All I could think about was what happened yesterday. And what almost happened.