Chapter 33: The Graduation (The End)

Things didn't really change much from that day. To review, Alexander is all by himself. He has no friends or family. It's just him and Eliza, who he didn't really love. He ruined everything for himself It's now graduation time, and he's not expecting anything to get any better.

"Maria, thank you for getting my gown and cap for me. I didn't wanna face anybody.." Was all Alex had said. "Oh, of course, hon. I'm going to go meet Peggy. Is Eliza picking you up?" She asked.

Alex nodded, pulling a strand of hair out of his face. Then there was a knock at the door. "Oh, Alex. I think she's here. I'll be going, but if you need me..Call.." She exited, saying hi to Eliza on her way out.

___________________________

"D'accord, Hercules, you look amazing in the gown and hat!" Marquis swung his arms around Hercules' neck. They rubbed their noses against each other, both smiling. "Merci, Marquis! As do you," Hercules was trying to sound as fancy as possible for laughs. He got what he wanted; a laugh, and a kiss.

  "Okay, lovebirds, let's get to graduation!" Maria pulled up with Peggy as shotgun. The two ran to the car and jumped in. "We're picking up John next!" Peggy looked back at them with a grin. "Okay, let's go,then!" Hercules smiled, leaning his head towards marquis' shoulder.

  "John's been through so much," Hercules stated. "We've been through so much. It's almost like you were homeless every other week and je had a père trying to spy on mon every move!" Marquis was suddenly remembering those past couple of months. "Everything turned out fine, though." Hercules took Marquis' hand.

"We're here!" Maria sang. The group in the car turned their heads to see John on his porch, Head down. He looked up and you could see a smile on his face as he ran to the car and slowly got in.

"So, guys. Juicy gossip on our hands. I heard George Washington is gonna propose to Charles Lee after graduation," Maria smirked. Hercules laughed,"No, way! Charles is probably just using George for some evil scheme!" Peggy looked back,"Really? They're so lovey dovey, it's hard to tell!"

"I cannot believe this is it, mes amis.." Was all Marquis said, stroking Hercules' hand. "I'm glad it's over. Highschool is whack, but I'm glad we have each other's back!" Peggy stated.

The car was silent. "You stole that from that musical you were listening to on the aux cord!" Maria scolded her, jokingly. Peggy gave her a stare,"Tell no one."

  John didn't say a word. "John, are you okay? You're all for gay musicals!" Peggy was curious. John looked up with a force smile,"Of course! We're graduating! I'm finally free from this prison of education.."

"We won't see each other much anymore, I guess. Are any of y'all going off to college?" Maria asked, turning into the school's parking lot. "No, I've contacted my dad.. He says he'll get me a good job.. He has no clue, though, about...You know..Alex and me." John claimed.

"Well, that's okay. I'll smack him if he tries to hurt you!" Peggy put her fists together. Hercules and Marquis laughed. "It's not a joke!" Peggy crossed her arms.

"Juniors are so cute and small!" Maria commented with a small chuckle. "Hey, that's. That's. That's-I'm gonna be a senior next year!" Peggy informed.

_____________________________

John sat in his reserved seat for graduation and just looked at his feet. When he did look up, he happened to lock eyes with Alex. He was staring at John.