Chapter 16: The First Fight ((In a Bathroom. Oooo))

Hercules helped him up. "Père?" He asked, unknown of the meaning. Marquis nodded. "What is père?" He asked. "Dayd," Marquis pronounced the word wrong. "Dad?" Hercules tried to confirm, placing a hand on Marquis' against his chest.

"Eh, je deviner," Marquis didn't look so sure. He took his hand out of Herc's and went to his locker. "You okay, man?" James asked him. Marquis wasn't paying attention as he put his backpack in his locker. He then knocked out a couple books. He banged his head against the locker.

"Eh, you okay?" Hercules placed his hand on his shoulder. Marquis stormed away, seeming to be crying. The bell then rang and they all had to head to class. "Maybe it's just been a bad day. He did get thrown through a door and his books are falling all over the place," James reassured him and headed off, clutching his books.

_____________________________

"Finally! A class with Marquis in it!" Hercules pumped his fist in the air dramatically to show excitement. "Calm down, Herc," Thomas chuckled.

This used to be the class where Thomas would flat out make fun of him. Now, they seemed to be like brothers. All because one person can change lives, and how you look at life. That person would be James, his actual brother.

"So, how'd you two even get together anyway?" Thomas asked, 10 minutes before class even started. Their classes before stopped early, so the two got to P.E before everyone else. Well, a few unnamed background people were there, but you know. They never matter.

"Oh, you mean Marquis? Well, I only started dating him because of a fluke. Then I felt sorry, So you know," Hercules laughed, taking the towel off his face and putting it into his gym locker. The two heard a loud bang, and snapped their heads around. Nothing was there except a random book. Hercules and Thomas shrugged and kept talking.

________________________________

He had to run. He didn't know where to go. Marquis didn't know where to go. Could he just collapse and die? Okay, a bit to rough. But, it's a lot less hard. He went into the janitor's closet, locked it, put his knees to his chest, and cried into his knees.

Tears streamed down his cheeks and he didn't know what to do. He couldn't believe he heard what he just heard. They don't serve baguettes in the lunch room.

Okay, no. That's not what happened. He couldn't believe the day he's been having! First, his dad comes after 10 years, gets mad at him for being gay, and throws him harshly on the ground. Then!- All his books just randomly start falling. Oh, and the worst of all. He just made out what Hercules was saying to Thomas. One last thing. He left his diary on the floor in the locker room.

He banged his head against the door sobbing with anger, sadness, and shock. He screamed words in french that nobody could understand. That's when the door opened. Marquis fell onto the floor, and he was picked up. "Marquis, you okay?" Hercules asked him, holding a hand out. Marquis didn't respond. Hercules dragged him up. "You okay?" He asked louder again, putting his nose against Marquis'. Marquis pushed him away and stormed off.

"What'd I do?" Hercules mumbled to himself. Thomas came running after him with a book. "Look at what I found!" He looked like he was about to explode with laughter. "Marquis won't talk to me," Hercules shut the door, sadly. "Hah, well, I found his diary and google translated it! It's so amazing! You should rea-" Hercules slapped it out of his hand and took it. "That's Marquis'!" He defended him. Thomas shrugged. "Go make out with my brother or something!" Hercules hollered at him, and Thomas gave him a thumbs up, then ran off.

Hercules wouldn't dare to open it, no matter how tempting it was. He then tried to find Marquis. He was supposed to have second to final period with him as well. Mr. Seabury's class, the one they met in.

He headed there, tried to find his boyfriend, but he wasn't there. Hercules told Mr. Seabury, who let him and Maria go out to find him.

"Ah, that cute exchange student," she curled her hair with a smirk. "He's mine. Go away," Hercules shooed at her. She laughed very smoothly. "Okay, let's just find him," she swayed her hips and walked in front of him. Hercules followed her, wishing he could kill her.

"Okay, so, why did he even run off?" She asked, leaning against a locker dramatically. "I know I'm like the handsomest person at this school, but seriously- Why can't you understand that I'm gay?" He asked, annoyed. "Why whatever do you mean? I'm just talking normally!" She definitely was not talking normally.

Maria noticed the book in his hand. She snatched it. "Oo~ A diary," she giggled, about to flip through the pages when Herc grabbed it back. "That's Marquis'!" He defended. "You check in the janitors closet, I'll check in the restroom," Hercules said. "Why?" Maria asked, confused. "Because I have to go to the bathroom! Catch up!" He said, jogging off.

When he walked in there, he saw a door was locked. "Hello?" Hercules asked. "Casse-Toi!" Marquis stated. "That french for,'I love you'?" Hercules joked. "Thomas found your diary. I wanted to hand it back. Don't worry, though!- I didn't read it," He told him.

    "I love you," he said after a short moment of silence. "Tasse-Toi!" Marquis hollered right after. "Please, I love you!" Hercules said again. "Please don't shut me out again. Please don't slam the door!" Hercules said, face against the stall. "Hey, are you on the toilet or?-" Hercules had an idea, but he just had to ask.

   Marquis sighed,"Non." Hercules then crawled under the stall and handed the book to Marquis. They heard the bell ring. "Can you just please tell me what's wrong?" Hercules put his hand on Marquis' cheek. Marquis tried not to make eye contact. "You love me, non?" He had an angry glare on his face. Hercules chuckled,"Of course, I love you! Why- Oh, Marquis. You misheard me. Wanna know how our relationship started, but didn't finish?" He didn't expect him to understand all of what he said, but Marquis nodded.

   "Let's get out of the bathroom stall, and go wherever you want. Okay?" Hercules unlocked the door, grabbed Marquis' hand, and dragged him out.

   The two went to their locker, grabbed their stuff, and headed out. The two still held locked hands until they got to Marquis' house. "D'accord," He gave him the gesture to start explaining. Hercules sat in a swivel chair next to Marquis' bed.

    "Okay, so. When I said Je t'aime to you that first time. I honestly had no idea what I said. That's when I found out what I said and freaked out, but don't worry. Everything we have it real because that was the best thing I've ever could've said. Marquis, you're beautiful, funny, sassy, and pretty much the best guy in the world. I hope you know that," Hercules gave him a small peck on the lips after that.

    Marquis couldn't help but grin. "Merci, mon cher," he hugged Hercules. Marquis then fell back onto his back and laughed. Hercules landed right next to him, and buried his head into the warmth of Marquis' chest. "Je t'aime," Hercules wanted him to know he meant it for real this time. "Je sais, mon amour!" Marquis grinned.

One more week with that cast. One more week.
________________________________