Chapter 26: Frying Pans are Beautiful

Sarah threw her frying pan onto the ground. "You two are the death of me!" She screamed, kicking it across the room. James and Hercules just looked at her, faces tilted down.

Sarah then crossed her arms. "Hercules, you can't beat up an innocent kid. Don't even respond to that," She pointed at Hercules as he was about to start complaining. "James, you're breaking up with Thomas!" Sarah then ordered him.

James felt tears streaming down his face. He then was about to have another panic attack. Coughs went all over the place as James couldn't handle himself. "That's what you get, James!" She pushed him to the ground. He sounded like he was choking, but there was nothing stuck.

"I'm fine," James motioned to Hercules as his brother tried to help him up. "I'm getting out of here again before we end up dead," James whispered to Hercules. His brother looked at the door and then back at him. "Things were going so good. What happened to our mom?" Hercules' voice cracked when saying the final word in the sentence.

"She's gone crazy after dad died. I remember her being so shy, but it's almost as if she's trying to be like him.." James put in his own input. The two stood in silence. That's when Marquis wrapped his arms around Hercules' waist, planting a kiss on his head.

    Hercules slightly jumped. "Gees, man. You scared me!" He scolded Marquis. His boyfriend just tightly squeezed him. "Je t'aime!" Marquis squealed.

"That's nice, Marquis," Hercules pushed him away, gently, getting out his phone. Marquis just looked at him, very confused. He awkwardly left the room. Hercules looked up. "We need to tell Ms.Marie about mother. Maybe she'll help us escape. Mom, isn't safe to be around anymore!" James told him, whispering quietly so she couldn't hear them.

"Boys, I'm-" her voice was sweet until she noticed the phone in her son's hand. She took the phone from Hercules and placed it in her purse. "Merci," She placed a hand on her hip with a smirk. Hercules and James just stood there. "I'm learning french," she practically bragged.

She then walked out the door. It was a few minutes before Marquis' mother walked in. "Bonjour, boys!" She grinned, sitting down on the couch. "Ma'am, We need help! It's about our mother!" James' voice sounded really worn out.

Marie's face became really uncomfortable. That's when the silence was broken as her phone started to ring. It apparently was one of her neighbors that was helping to look out for her during the rough times. "Fiona! Such a pleasure. What do you need?" Marie's voice was very happy. "Uh, Marie. We found your husband at the end of the street with two other men, just laying on the ground!" Her voice sounded urgent. "They seemed to be wounded! Blood was all over their face!"

     Marie's eyes widened as Marquis walked in. She noticed a couple bruises on his arms. She spoke into the phone,"I'll call you right back." She gently put the phone down and ran to her son, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Q-Que? Que est ces!" She pointed to his bruises.

     Marquis' eyes filled with tears. "Mère, je-je!" He couldn't speak correctly. She shook his shoulder. "Why do you have them, Marquis?" She was now almost screaming. Her eyes wide and filled with tears. "Père was here. He came to z'e house et tried to hurt moi!" He then ran over to Hercules and hugged him, his face pointing towards his mother.

    "Marquis!" Her voice cracked. "Mère, Je had to!" He started to cry. "You should've told me!" She clenched her fists, more mad at her husband than her son. "Je suis ne pas désolé!" He crossed his arms, getting kind of angry.

    "You're not in trouble!" She grabbed his wrist and yanked him towards her. He grunted, rolling his eyes with annoyance. His mother started to get angry. Marquis yanked his arm out of her grip and opened the door. That's when he felt a hand on his shoulder. His eyes narrowed as he saw it was Hercules' hand.

"Marquis, please listen to your mother. What you done was great. You defended us all. You defended yourself. You're amazing!" Hercules grabbed Marquis' hand and laced them both together.

Marquis kissed Hercules on the forehead. "Merci, mon amour. Mais.." Marquis didn't finish his sentence as he looked over to his mother. He ran from Hercules to his mother. They hugged each other, regretfully. "Je suis désolé, Mère. Je t'Aime!" His frown grew into a smile.

________________________________

The next chapter will be a part two to this one, and it'll be about Marie going to the prison to see her husband. I hope I'm getting you hyped.