Chapter 29: Marie Smacks a Lady

"Your first day back at school is tomorrow. How do you feel?" Hercules grinned, his face inches away from Marquis'. He didn't answer. Marquis didn't really understand him that well. Hercules just laughed a bit. "You're gonna be great. We can make fun of the new duo known as- Wait, where's James?" Hercules freaked out on that last part. Alex and John quickly jumped up from their seats.

   "Where's-?"  John was about to say Thomas' name, but Alex grabbed him by the collar and held him close grunting,"Don't you dare say that jerks name!" Alex hollered. "Gees, calm down!" Hercules yanked Alex from John.

  "I'm calling that jerk, Aaron Burr!" Hercules picked up his phone and put it straight to his ear, waiting for him to answer.

"What do you want?"

  "Oh, Nothing ..."

"Okay, good-"

"Heck, nah! Where's my brother?" Hercules clenched the phone with anger. Aaron laughed,"Wait for-" That's when Hercules yelled, interrupting him. "I don't care about waiting! Why do you like waiting so much! You're like John on meds!"

"So, like does John need medication or-"

"That's not the point!" Hercules hollered. That's when Marie came running into the house, frantically.

"Goodbye," Hercules hung up. Marie looked like she was crying and like she was out of breath. "Your mother!- S-She said that you're mine now.. She doesn't want y-you guys anymore, so she's giving you to me with the house and all of the stuff within it. W-why-?" She shakily sat her phone onto the counter as Hercules, Alex, John, and Marquis stared at her with open eyes.

"Ms.Marie, where's my brother?" Hercules asked, worried. "S-Sarah, she told me that he was with Thomas at his house..."

That's when Hercules and the others ran as fast as they could to find James. Marie decided to keep crying as she was so worried about how these children's lives were being torn apart and ruined by their family.

"O-oh, gees. Why these children of all children?"

-------------///-----///------///-----///

"Super Mom is here!" Thomas' mother came running in. Thomas ran to her, giving her a hug. "I-I'm fine!" James coughed. "Hello, James. Remember me?- Your pal, Jane. Are you alright, sweetie?" Jane, Thomas' mother, asked, rubbing his back.

Thomas put a hand on his cheek. "Come on, baby. Let's get up off the floor and onto the couch," Thomas and Jane helped James get to the couch.

He sat down and caught his breath. "I'm fine, now.." James looked a bit uncomfortable with all the attention. "Want some alcohol? Always makes me feel-" Jane implied, but Thomas interrupted with,"Um, mom! No!" He hugged his boyfriend, thankful he's okay.

That's when Alex jumped through the window. "Don't worry, James! I will save you from Th-" Alex got up immediately from the ground and did a dramatic pose, but then marquis stepped on him accidentally, while trying to get through the window carefully.

Then Hercules and John waved from the outside of the window.

"Why are they looking in here all oddly?" Jane pointed out. "Why are they tapping on the glass?" Thomas added on. "They're just waving, guys," James stood up and thanked Thomas and his mom.

"Alex, guys, I wasn't kidnapped by Thomas," James claimed as Thomas swung his arm around his waist. "I-I ran away from Sarah. I suggest you do the same..." Hercules' brother's face was serious.

Hercules finally jumped through. "We're free," He grinned at his brother. Alex walked up next to him. "From the agonizing life you were living before," Alex's face also held a smile.

James was confused. "Excuse me?" He asked. John joined in. "Well, your mom's gone. She's left you with Marie so you can have a normal life!" John's face had a huge grin.

James looked at Thomas who was smiling back at him. He then looked back at Hercules,who was obviously waiting for a response.

"Let's go! I- I wanna live my last year as a kid! L-let's go!" James ran out the door. The group followed him back to a Marie who was still trying to figure out what was going. "I know you loved your mother.. She was a great one!" She tried to explain to James.

James interrupted,"No, Ms.Marie. I don't think you understand. Our mom starved me, beating me, mistreating me, and now she's gone! I used to feel like I didn't have the means to go on!" He started to feel a couple tears as he saw the expression on his friend's mother's face.

"S-She what? There's no-" Marie suddenly had to sit down. "Why didn't you tell me?" She started to cry as her son came and hugged her. "We we're about to, but then she threatened us!" James explained. She was silent. Hercules hugged his brother and then got nudged by Thomas. He suddenly let go of his brother and let him be with his boyfriend.

Marie suddenly stood up. "I'm going to the store while Marquis makes you the best dinner ever, James!" She grabbed her purse and ran out the door.

Eyes turned to Marquis, who just shrugged and walked to the cabinets. "Cereal, Le pomme, non poulet? Ugh," He closed the cabinet.

He then looked at the counter and gasped,"Baguette! C'est un Baguette!" Marquis was really excited as he grabbed the bread and threw it onto the table.

Hercules wrapped his banana around Marquis' head, quickly. He turned around to face Hercules with confusion. "It's for good luck making a good dinner," He tried to make up a good excuse. Marquis rolled his eyes playfully and got back to work.

_________________\\\____________

Marie found the lady sitting on a bench at the park. She hadn't really gone to the store. "Is what those children told me true, Sarah?" She hollered at her. Sarah didn't say anything, just stared at her lap. Marie yanked her off the bench. "Excusé-moi, mais je-" She began, but Sarah yanked herself out of the grip and sat back down. "You're an idiot! A full blown idiot!" Marie slapped her in the face.

"My son is a beautiful human being as well as your son's. They may be gay, but they're people too!" Marie explained, as Sarah smacked her in the chest. "They'll feel it in hell, Marie..." She murmured.

"Why would God make them if he didn't love them? God makes us all unique, Sarah. He just wants us to love our partner, and if we love our partner and it's not lust, we're always welcome into the gates of Heaven. Our boys our gay, but that's okay. Your son's are not who you want them to be? Well, you're not the mother they want. You're terrible at being a mom because mothers accept their children and love them no matter what! You're nothing but a murderer of dreams and love.." Marie smacked her onto the ground and left.