42

I woke up and quickly got dressed. I left the house with Yori and walked around the village however I had a bad feeling in my stomach. The sun was rising as I just kept walking around the village. I heard a whimpering in a forest area and Yori and I walked towards it. My eyes went wide when I saw a young dog with black and brown fur on his ears snout and underbelly and he had green eyes.

I kneeled down beside him and Yori licked his face. I looked over him and saw he had a swollen front paw. I stroked his head and looked down at him with a gentle smile.

"Hey buddy." I said.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Kiko and that's Yori." I said.

"You can understand me." He said.

"Yes. What happened to you?" I said.

"My ankle broke." He said simply.

I picked him up and put him in my front pocket where Yori usually went. I went back home and took him to my sister. She went to treat him and I sat on the waiting room but an ANBU walked into the room.

"Kiko Inuzuka here's a scroll from the hokage." He said and sank to the floor when I took it.

Dear Kiko Inuzuka

Sasuke uchiha has left the village to join Orochimaru and there is a team going after him. I don't want you to join the team but I want you to go to the academy and help Iruka with his students.

~~~~lady hokage

"Do you want to stay here?" I asked Yori who was obviously concerned about the dog we found.

"Yes please." Yori said.

I nodded and began my way to there academy. I got to the academy and walked into Iruka's class to see him struggling with the rowdy kids. I covered my mouth stifling a laugh as they thew paper plans everywhere. However there was one boy that seemed out of place. Looking at him closer I realised he was the third hokages grandson.

When Iruka noticed me he handed me a pice of paper outlining what was happening in the class. Reading over it I learned they were doing theory all day which made me wonder what they did to piss off Iruka he always let us do something practical. Then a paper plane hit me in the head.

"THAT'S ENOUGH YOU BRATS!" Iruka sensei yelled making the kids be quiet.

Iruka sensei looked at me and told me to introduce myself.

"Hello my name is Kiko Inuzuka it's nice to meet you." I said smiling.

Soon the class started and it went through the day and I like helping Iruka sensei but during their lunch a sick feeling came to my stomach and soon and ANBU entered the classroom Iruka sensei and I were in. My eyes went wide when he told me of the mission to retrieve Sasuke. I ran out af the academy and to the hospital where I was made to sit in the waiting room which was empty because I was put into an empty waiting room. I sat in the room desperately holding back my tears. I was so worried about the others even more so because my brother was among them. I heard footsteps and looked over to see Kankuro and he sat next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I was told everyone who was injured is now in stable condition." Kankuro said.

A weight I didn't even realise went away from my chest. I curled up into Kankuro and the tears I was holding back flowed from my eyes. Kankuro held me tighter and stroked my back.