12

I was sprinting to the meeting place where I was supposed to meet my team 3 minutes ago but i got held back because of an issue in the clan. Sensei is going to kill me. As I was running up to them I tripped on nothing like the scatter brain I am. I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me and I looked up to see my two teammates caught me. The lifted me up and I quickly bowed.

"I-I'm so so s-sorry for being l-late." I stuttered.

"Why are you late?" Sensei asked.

"Well my sister and mum made Kiba and I help with something before we left, and it took longer than we expected." I said.

"Explained more please." He said.

"Well and new litter of puppies were born recently and today was the day they have to get their needles. And let's just say the puppies weren't to happy about that and made it hard on us and it took awhile. Again I am so so sorry for being late." I explained.

"You humans are evil giving us needles." Yori said.

"Well its for your own good. Humans have to get needles to so suck it up." I said back to her.

My two teammates started laughing hysterically. I looked at them confused to what was so funny.

"Oh jeez, you are amazing Kiko, so god damn amazing." Kouki said still laughing.

I looked at him even more confused.

"I'm so glade we were teamed up with you." Tamotsu said laughing.

I was even more confused now.

"Okay enough messing around time to train." Sensei said clapping his hands.

We stood to attention and began to train for the day. We many focus on formations and stuff like that.

~~~~TimeSkip~~~~

I watched as the three boys left and once they were out of site I began to sprint in the opposite direction with Yori right next to me.

"Are we going to go train there again?" Yori asked.

"Yes." I simply said still running.

We made it to the area with huge tress. We were on the outskirts of a forest with a good view of the village. I Began to climb up the trees an Yori just sat down and watched me. I tied ropes across the tree tops and put multiple yellow ribbons and green on the ropes. I was going to get the yellow ones ones while Yori was going to get the green ones.

I stood on a tree branch and Yori jumped up next to me. I pulled out a stopwatch and nodded to her. I started the stopwatch and we began. I ran across one of the ropes while Yori went the other way. I got one of the yellow ribbons as well as Yori. Once I got the yellow ribbon I jumped down to the rope below me I hung from it holding onto it with both my hands. The yellow ribbon was in between my hands and I quickly grabbed in and flip to the top of the rope and Yori landed on my shoulder with two ribbons in her mouth then quickly jumped off to get more. We Went went like that until the sun began to set.

I was leaning against a tree with Yori on my lap completely and utterly wiped out. I tried to stand by my tired body had other plans.

"You over did it again." Yori said looking up at me.

"I know, but I have to. I don't want to be the weak link like I am in the clan." I mumbled.

Yori looked up at me and licked my cheek.

"You're not the weak link in the clan, you have your own strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else." Yori said and curled up in my lap. "Take me for example you saved my life. If you are a weak link like you say then how did you save me." She finished then fell asleep. 

I sighed and leaned my head against the tree and closed my eyes. That was until I heard a branch snap. My eyes snapped open and I scanned the area and pulled out a kunai. I pinpointed where the person was and thee my kunai at them. That's when I heard clapping. I glare at the person then stopped when Taiki sensei walked out. I sighed and leaned my head against the tree again.

"Why are you here Taiki sensei?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing but I already know considering I've been watching you train. And the little chat you had with your dog. Do you really think you're a weak link?" He said peering at me.

A small blush came to my face from embarrassment.

"W-why were you w-watching me? C-creepy much." I stuttered out and he just laughed.

I tried to get up but fell back down and a small groan escaped my mouth, surprisingly Yori stayed asleep. Taiki sensei came up to me.

"Jeez kid don't try to move, you just need to rest." He said.

I looked up at him then looked away. This is why I'm a weak link. I bet anyone could have walked after the training I just did. I so weak and useless. I felt myself being lifted up and my head snapped up to see I was in Taiki senseis arms. He began walking And I didn't know what to do.

"P-put me d-down." I said and he simply shook his head no.

I was about to say something else but was cut off by him.

"You're not a weak link. You are strong and someone people can depend on. The training you were doing was very difficult, even a chunin would struggle doing that for the amount of time you did, even more so that you did it after training with your team. Your teammates love you. You're a good kid that is destined for greatness. Don't belittle yourself." He said and I looked up at him shocked.

I stayed quiet and patted Yori. I thought about his words. Did he really mean it? Before i knew it we were in front of my house and Taiki sensei knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Kiba. When he saw us his eyes widened.

"What the? LET GO OF MY SISTER YOU CREEP!" Kiba yelled.

"Calm down Kiba." I mumbled weakly.

I got out of Taiki senseis arms and landed on my feet with Yori in my arms but my legs felt like jelly and I began to fall only to be caught by my sensei. My brother looked shocked and quickly took ahold of me and leaned me against him. Them my mum and sister walked up behind us. My mum looked down at me and i watched the anger come to her face.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER!" She yelled at my sensei.

My sensei tensed a bit.

"Chill mum, he brought me home once he found me in the forest after I trained." I explained with tiredness in my voice.

"That does not explain why you are in the condition you are in." Sister said to me.

I sighed and looked at sensei silently pleading for him to explain considering I was wiped out.

"After training was done with my team she went to train on her own and over did it. I brought her home considering she was having trouble walking. I suggest you take her to go to sleep." He explained.

My mum and sister sighed and looked down at me with worry probably knowing why I was working myself so hard.

"Kiba take her to her room, you can come in if you want Taiki." She said.

Kiba took me to my room and I saw my sensei walk into the house. Kiba put me into my bed a I immediately fell asleep.