20

It was midnight and I was still training. But I soon began to fall to the ground. But before I hit it I felt two strong arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see Kankuro frowning at me.

"I thought I told you to take it easy for the rest of the day." He said looking down at me.

"I-I know. I j-just feel s-so weak." I mumble sadly.

"Well you're not going to get strong training as hard as you do. You'll either end up in hospital or dying." He said coldly to me.

I didn't meet his gaze and sighed knowing he was right.

"I'm taking you home. But you have to take tomorrow off got it." He said with authority.

"G-got it." I said with a blush.

He picked me up bridal style and walked towards the house. He jumped through a window and placed me in bed. As soon as I got in the bed I passed out with Yori in my arms.

~~~~Kankuro's pov~~~~

I watched the sleeping girls figure. I reached my hand out and gently stronger soft brown hair. If only she realised how strong she was. She was able to dodge my puppet easily and find me easily. She was strong and even more so for someone her age, she should still be in the academy.

I gave a soft sigh before jumping out the window and into my room. I laid down on my bed and looked at the roof. That girl made me feel wired. I couldn't possibly be falling for her, could I. No I can't be after all I'm about to betray the leaf on the Kazekage's orders. This is so annoying.

Images of the girl kept popping into my head and I gripped my slightly tightening chest. Stupid girl and stupid emotions.

~~~~Kiko's pov~~~~

I woke up and did my usual routine before jumping up onto the roof with a still sleeping Yori. I looked up at the sky and watched the sunrise. I noticed Gaara sat next to me but I just continued to watched the sunrise. Once the sun was fully up I turned to Gaara and gave him a warm smile.

"I never got to properly thank you for helping me yesterday." I said smiling at him.

"No problem. That's what fri- I mean as a guest of the Kazekage it's my duty to protect you." He said.

I gave him a huge.

"You know you're kinda like a brother. I wonder if Kiba would like you." I said in thought.

"Who's Kiba?" Gaara asked.

"Oh Kiba is my big brother." I said happily.

"Do you miss your family?"

"Yea, I've never left the village before or been away from them this long. But I've gotta get use to it considering I'm a ninja." I said smiling.

"How and why do you always smile?"

"I always smile because I always look for the bright side to every situation. And I smile because I know one persons smile can make another's day."

Gaara looked at me slightly shocked.

"You very kind. And someone as kind as you shouldn't be associated with me." Gaara said.

I leaped up and hugged him from behind.

"What kind of friend would I be if I left you for such a silly reason. I will always be your friend." I said letting go of him.

I saw a small almost unnoticeable smile on his face before he jumped away. By now Yori was awake so I took her inside and fead her.