7

I held a child in my arms and was reading him a story. Another child was patting Yori next to me. Yori bark happily as the young girl patted behind Yori's ears. I looked over to Tamotsu to him drawing with the other little girl. I then looked a Kouki to see him cornered by a young boy. I laughed at him. The young boy in my arms then turned the page in the book and I continued to read to him.

"Oh can you paint my nails Kiko?" The young girl asked patting Yori asked.

"Oh I want mine done to." The boy I was reading to asked.

"Of course, what colours, there's pink purple green and blue." I said.

The girl wanted green and the boy wanted pink so that's what I painted their nails. They cheered. I laughed at their enthusiasm.

"Why can't You be cool like that girl." The young boy cornering Kouki said.

"Now that's not very nice, Kouki is very cool, how about you ask him to play a game with you." I said to the boy.

"Fine, can you please play ninja with me." He said shyly.

Kouki nodded and it soon turned into a big game where we were all playing and sensei just watched. By the time we finished the kids were on the ground falling asleep.

"sensei and I will put the girls down for a nap you two will deal with the boys." I said picking up a girl and sensei picked up the other.

We walked up to their room and they passed me a book.

"Please read miss kiko." They asked.

I smiled and sat down and read the story until they fell asleep. I closed the book and tucked them in. sensei and I walked out Yori beside us. We walked down and met the boys.

"Why are you two so good with kids." Kouki whined.

I covered my mouth trying to hold back a laugh. He groaned and fell to the ground.

"Why do we have to do these stupid D ranked missions." Kouki whined.

"Because your genin you have to work your way up and get more experience." Sensei explained.

Kouki groaned and curled up into a ball. Tamotsu just sighed.

"What's our next mission sensei?" Tamotsu asked.

"Walking dogs." Sensei said.

Kouki groaned louder which confused me.

"W-why is walking d-dogs so b-bad?" I asked.

"It's just annoying. Dog are dumb." Kouki said.

Yori growled and jumped at Kouki. I caught her before she could hurt him.

"Dogs are not dumb, they are helpful and smart, you should give them a chance and try and learn more about them" I said.

"Why should I do that." He said brushing me off.

"That's actually a good idea after all one of your teammates works with a dog which means you two work with a dog. After walking the dogs do you think it'll be okay to vist the Inuzuka compound?" Sensei asked me.

I nodded and Kouki freaked but he was ignored. He shouldn't have bad mouthed dogs. If he didn't this subject wouldn't have come up.

The parents of the four kids we were watching came home and we now head to the next mission. I was rather looking forward to it. We made it to the location and multiple dogs sat there. They saw me then pulled out of the person who was holding them grip. They ran full speed at me and I knelled down and they jumped on me.

Once the dogs calmed down we went onto walking them. This by far has been my favourite mission so far.