11

I sat on my bed with crossed legs Yori on my lap sleeping while I read my book. I gently pat Yori while I read my book. I looked down at Yori and couldn't help but remember how we met.

There my 5 year old self sat in the forest leaning against a tree tending to the wounds I got from some of the girls in my class. I covered all the bangers with my jumper. I leaned my head against the tree and listened to the sounds of nature.

As I sat Down I heard the whimper of a dog. I stood up and pinpoint where it was coming from. I began to run to where I heard it.

When I got there I was met with a horrible sight. There was a dead dog with a small injured pup curled up in its mother. Just by looking at the pup I knew it probably wouldn't survive, but that wasn't going to stop me from trying. I walked up to the pup and it weakly growled at me.I kneeled down and outstretched my hand.

"Please let me help you. I don't want you to die, I would be devastated if that happened. So please let me give you a chance at having a happy life." I said to the pup.

"I-I'm scared. A-and I-I can't m-move." The pup said weakly.

I gave it a warm smile and slowly and carefully went to pick it up so not to scare it. I gently picked up the pup and held it close to my chest.

"W-what a-about my m-mum." The pup said quietly.

"I will come back and we'll burry her in my family's compound so you can visit whenever you want." I said sweetly to the pup.

The pup whimpered in my arms and fell asleep. Finally letting what i saw sink in tears began to spill from my eyes. This poor pup she must have seen her mother die. I just hope sister can help this pup out. I continued to run and barged into my house still crying.

"SISTER! SISTER PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!" I yelled out.

My sister as well as my mum and brother came running out. I ran up to my sister and showed her the pup. My sister went into action and took the pup from me and went to treat it. Mum and Kiba lead me to sit down and calm down. Mum went to go make me hot chocolate while Kiba sat with me. I was starting to calm down but still slightly crying. I looked at Kiba to see tears in his eyes. I smiled through my tears and wiped away his tears.

"Don't worry I'm sure big sis will be able to save the pup." I said.

He leaped up and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and ended up covering him in tears. He let go of me and mum came over with my drink. I took a sip then looked up at mum.

"What do you wanna say?" Mum asked.

"The pups mum is still in the forest, could I or someone else go and get her and burry her here. I told the pup we would do it could could visit its mum when it wanted?" I asked.

"Yes, I will get someone on it right away." She said then placed her hand on my head. "You did good Kiko, you saved that pups life. You were very brave, I'm proud of you." She said then walked off to talk to some members of the clan.

Kiba and I stayed in the living room and my eyes began to grow heavy. I leaned on Kiba's shoulder trying to fight to stay awake. As I was about to fall asleep sister walked out. I jumped up and both Kiba and i looked at her

"The little pup pulled through but needs time to recover. Oh the pup is a girl, she was very lucky she was found when she was or she wouldn't have pulled through. She wants to see you Kiko." My sister explained and in nodded.

I waked I to the room to she the pup laying on a dog bed all rapped up. I sat next to the dog bed a smiled at her.

"How you feeling?" I asked.

"Like poop, but at least I'm alive. Thank you." The little pup spoke.

She moved a bit and placed her wet nose to my hand. I smiled and began to pat her careful not to hurt her.

"I'm glade you'll be okay. And some of the people are going to get your mother. She'll be buried here." I said.

The pup nuzzled into my hand and somehow made her way into my lap and fell asleep.

"You sure are cute." I whispered to the little pup.

I looked down at Yori and smiled.

"You're still cute." I whispered.

"I know." She responded.

I laughed and patted her head. I put my book down and laid down with Yori in my arms and began fell asleep.

"I'm so happy you pulled through."'I mumbled.

"I am to, because if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to spend time with an amazing, kind, gentle and caring person like you." Yori said.

I smiled and pulled her closer to me and let myself fall asleep.