37

I sat on a platform that overlooked the village. It was night and a few days after the funeral for the hokage and for the ninja lost in Orochimaru's infiltration. I watched as the lights of house and shops shone like fireflies. Yori wasn't with me because I left her at home because I snuck out. I felt lost and weak. I got kidnapped so easy and was no help in the Orochimaru's infiltration.

I needed to get stronger so I could protect the people I cared for. I don't want to be a burden anymore and wanted to be a respected ninja who people could count on. I will become a ninja worthy to be apart of the leaf.

I sighed and jumped off the roof and began running to the training grounds. I stood in the training grounds practicing my taijutsu on my wires. After about 2 hours of training I sat under a tree and went to sleep.

~~~~Kankuro's pov~~~~

I woke up in the place we were staying and went to the kitchen to get breakfast. But when I entered Temari stood there staring at me.

"What do you want Temari?" I asked scratching my head.

"You realise we aren't enemies with the leaf anymore?" She said.

"Yea what's your point?"

"Now your chance to tell Kiko how you feel."

"No. I don't like her like that."

"Man up you imbecile!"

"And if she rejects me!?"

"You're completely clueless. Fine regret not telling her for the rest of your life." Temari snapped turning away from me.

I sighed and grabbed a fruit bar and ate it before getting ready for the day. I left our house and began walking through the streets of the leaf. However Temari's words kept running through my head.

I groaned and went to where I expected that annoying girl who I couldn't get out of my head to be, which was the training grounds. And not to my surprise she was there training with her dog.

~~~~kiko's pov~~~~

Yori sniffed me out and is now training me. We were both training with the wires and I thought I got a little better. As I was doing this I felt someone behind me so I went to turn around but stopped when two arms wrapped around me from behind and a chin was placed on my shoulder.

"Something my sister said has been bothering me for awhile so I decided to follow her advice." Kankuro said into my ear.

A burning blush went across my face as I went stiff in his arms.

"A-and w-what w-was h-her a-advice?" I stuttered out being a complete mess.

"She told me to tell the girl I love that I love her." He said.

It felt as if my heart shattered. He loved someone and was going to tell them. I was stupid thinking I had a chance.

"A-and who I-is this girl?" I asked with a tint of sadness in my voice.

"Silly girl. It's you." He said.

I was shocked and turned my head to look at him to see a small blush on his face.

"Seriously?" I said shocked.

"Listen I don't expect you to feel the same I-" he began but I cut him off by kissing him.

He was shocked and we both lost our balance on the wire and fell to the ground. And let's just say we fell in a awkward situation. He was leaning on top of me and pinned me down. But that didn't seem to matter in this time.

"I l-love you to." I said blushing.

I saw his eyes go wide and he leaned down and kissed me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

"Of course." I said smiling.

He went to kiss me again but was interrupted by Yori by what sounded like barking to Kankuro but was GET OFF HER RIGHT NOW YOU UNWORTHY MAKEUP COVERED DEVIL!

I laughed at Yori. Kankuro stood up extending his hand to me and I took it. He lifted me up and I smashed in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a hug and I snuggled into him. I wish I could stay like this forever.