26

I was once again keeping the rear of the group as we walked. I held onto my side and looked down at it to see nearly all my clothes around the wound covered in blood. I bit my lip nervously. I had to figure out a way to hide the blood. If I put bandages over it they just be soaked by blood as well considering my wound is still bleeding. I just went with covering it best I could with my arm and hope my teammates don't notice.

As we were walking I smelt three familiar people and we were about to run into them. As I predicted we ran into another team and it was the sand siblings. When they greeted us I got slightly nervous now there's more people to notice that I have a wound. After my two teammates spoke to them we decided to walk to the tower together considering we both have the scrolls we need.

"Hey you've been really quiet-" Kouki began but froze when he saw me.

"What's wrong-" Tamotsu said looking back but also froze when he saw me.

Tamotsu ran in front of me a looked over me and noticed me covering my side. He then grabbed my arm and pulled it away and his eyes went wide when he saw my wound.

"What happened?" Tamotsu asked as he began to wrap my wound.

"I'm fine it's just a flesh wound." I said with a smile.

"You're not fine. You're as pale as a ghost. Why didn't you tell us?" Tamotsu said worried.

"I really am-" I stopped when a wave a nausea and dizziness came over me.

I began to fall but was caught by Kouki. He leaned me against a tree and Tamotsu continued to tend to my wound. I was barely conscious but I could hear what was being said.

"You three should go we don't wanna drag you down. And we refuse to leave kiko here." Kouki said.

I heard people sitting down and I looked through my blurry vision to see the sand genin sitting down. Guilt filled me knowing my stupid weakness was dragging everyone else down.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's fine Kiko all we care about is making sure you're okay." Tamotsu said reassuringly.

Yori jumped onto my lap and I began to stroke her and drifted into sleep.

~~~~Kankuro's pov~~~~

My eyes wondered to the now sleeping girl. It was official. She was a reckless, idiotic brat who is selfless and kindhearted. She doesn't judge people and gives everyone a chance. She was sweet and adorable. She was cute when she blushed and I felt the need to beat the crap out of the person who hurt her. I got a wired feeling in my chest around her and I wanted to protect her.

It's official I'm a idiot. I've fallen for a leaf ninja when I'm I here at the leaf to betray them. Besides there's no chance that someone as kind as her will ever feel the same.