18

I opened my eyes to see the sun beginning to rise. I sat up and Yori woke up. I smiled at her and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom with Yori. I took a shower washing Yori in the process. I finished and went to the room and jumped out of the window. I sat down on the roof and began to brush through Yori's coat.

I was brushing her hair and watching the beauty sunrise. The sky was a vibrant gold colour I got lost in it until I heard someone jumped next to me. I looked up to see a head of read hair. A smile graced my face as I looked up at Gaara. He sat down next to me and watched the sunrise. Yori looked up at him then quickly jumped onto his head.

"Yori get off his head." I said in embarrassment.

Gates took Yuri of his head and placed her on his lap. Yori looked up at his face then turned to me wagging her tail.

"Oh my god. I know what I'm going to call him. I shall call him Panda-kun." She said happily.

I sighed and covered my face with my hand. I looked at Yuri and she curled up in his lap.

"You know if you don't want her on your lap you can take her off." I said looking at him.

"It's fine-" he was cut off.

A rock was thrown at Gaara by some kids. But before it hit him a sand wall blocked it. I looked at him shocked then looked down where the kids where that threw the rock at him to see them gone. The sand wall came down and I got right in front of Gaara worried.

"Are you okay?" I asked making sure he had no injuries.

"I'm fine my sand blocks anything and everything from touching me." He said in his raspy voice.

I titled my head confused.

"Then how come Yori can jump on you?" I asked confused.

"Because I trust her, and her owner." He stated simply.

A huge smile came to my face and I hugged him making him stiffen.

"Thank you for trusting me." I thanked and let go of him.

"It's no big deal. You should go get ready aren't you going to go train soon." He said.

My face went pale and I grabbed Yori and ran inside to get what I needed before running to the training grounds.

We got to the the training grounds and I was setting up while Yori ate. When I set up we began training. We were training for about 2 and a half hours before I did multiple flips back when something came flying at me. I looked ahead of me to see a puppet. My eyes slightly narrowed and Yori stood next to me.

"How should we take it out?" She asked.

"The most effective way to get rid of a puppet is to take out the puppeteer." I said looking around.

I listened carefully to my surroundings and sniffed the air as well a Yori. We both noticed someone standing behind a rock that conveniently had wires over it. I gave a quick nod to Yori and she jumped off the wires and began to sneak up on the puppeteer. I had an idea who it was considering I recognised his scent. I ran at the puppet kunai in hand. It dodge and sent sebon at me. I jumped down to a wire bellow me dodging them. As the sebon passed over my head I got the strong smell of poison. I soon heard a grunt and Kankuro fell from behind the rock with Yori biting his arm. I dodged the puppet and got behind Kankuro and held a kunai to his neck.

"And you said you were weak." He mumbled looking at me.

A small blush came to my face when I met his gaze. I sighed and moved away from him.

"D-don't you think u-using poison was a b-bit much?" I asked.

"Don't you think getting your dog to nearly rip off my arm is a bit to much?" He said with slight aggression.

"H-hey you attacked f-first!" I said to him.

He rolled his eyes at me and I huffed with my blush still on my face.

"Well do you want me to train with you? It must get boring doing it all alone." He asked.

I looked at him to think for a bit then nodded.

"F-fine." I mumbled.

A smirk came to his face. I jumped up onto the wires with Yori preparing to begin training with Kankuro.