Toby. Where are you?

It was almost dinner time and Toby was not yet home. Eleanor closed her shop early, she had no customers today. So she sat there worrying about him.
"Where is the poor lad?" She asked herself out loud. What if he was hurt or worse, dead? Toby was supposed to be home five hours ago. At first she shrugged it off, but now it was out of hand.
Eleanor got up and raced upstairs and opened Sweeney's door.

"T.. Toby he ain't home yet.. He was supposed to be home five hour ago! Please can ya help me go find the poor lad?" She rushed her words. Tears filled her eyes but she refused to let them fall.
"What if he is hurt, or worse... Dead... Please help me find 'em.." Sweeney didn't move from his chair.

"Fine.." He got up from his chair and grabbed his coat. He had to run after her basically. She hitched up her dress and ran down stairs.

-

The were walking for half a hour now. It was cold out, Eleanor never grabbed a coat so she was freezing.

"How dare you drag me along.. All I want to do is sit there and imagine slitting the vultures throat.." Sweeney muttered to Mrs. Lovett.
She laughed at him.
"I never dragged ya along."

"Where was he going anyways?" Sweeney asked.

"I told 'im to go to the butcher and get some meat.." She looked around a corner but kept walking straight.

He looked at her with some confusion. 'Why buy meat? I mean come on I thought we were using humans for the pies.' He thought to himself.

"So Toby won't ask we I don't buy meat and start pokin around." She cleared it up a bit for him.

-

The pair walked to the butcher shop. When they got there Toby was no where. To be seen. So they walked to the market. He still wasn't to be seen. They checked the woods just in case, still nothing. Mrs. Lovett asked different people, no one knew where he was. They searched all of London, asked people if they knew where he was, still nothing.
Eventually it became to dark to look so they had no choice but to head back home. They walked through the park near there home. The whole time Eleanor was fighting back tears, now they started to fall. She sat on a bench that creaked when she sat down. Sweeney sat down beside her thinking that she only wanted to rest her legs a bit like him. He thought that till he heard sobbing noises coming from the woman beside him.
He looked over at her, she had her head in her hands and her back hunched over. Her back went up and down as she sobbed Sweeney sat there not knowing what to do. He didn't know what to do with a person that was crying.

"Mrs. Lovett are you alright?" He asked unsure of what to do.

"Yes love I'm fine.." She sat up and out her hands in her lap.

"I'm sure he's fine.." He patted her hand. "I mean, he's been through the workhouse.." He instantly took it back. Why'd he say that?

"What if the work house took 'im? What if he's hurt? Maybe someone tried to steal the meat? Oh god what if he's dead?" She squawked.

She went back to sobbing. Sweeney now was very unsure of what to do so he put his hand in her. He lifted her face up with his fingers.
She looked at him tears running down her face.

"Eleanor Lovett, if anyone hurt the lad, I will kill them." He muttered. He just wanted her to stop bawling, but there was a piece of him that cared a bit. That wished she wasn't worried and sobbing her eyes out. He was tempted to kiss her. But he held himself back.
'What's wrong with me? I don't love Eleanor, I love Lucy..' He thought to himself.
He pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Now pull yourself together, the lad will be fine. As I said if anyone hurt him, I will kill them."

She laughed.

"Oh Mista T! You are kinder than ya think. If ya weren't so crabby all the time and wantin to kill everyone in sight, ya would be a kind man." He stood up and she followed.

"Besides, you would kill 'em mostly for your own amusement!"

" No Eleanor I mean what I said." He muttered and the two walked back home in silence.