Chapter Two

Aviritia's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I looked around, sitting up. The sky was different shades of oranges, pinks, and purples.

Eden slept next to me. I quickly got up, panic setting in, "O-Oh, my god! My parents are going to kill me."

"Mmm, what's wrong?" Eden groaned, stretching as he sat up. He clearly wasn't a morning person nor did he enjoy being woken up.

"It-It's morning, that's what's wrong! M-My parents are going to kill me!"

"I don't see an issue. I mean, they don't know where you are which means they can't hurt you...again," He breathed out with a rub of his eyes, his hands leaning behind him once he was done as he cocked his sleepy head at me, his hair was messy and cute.

I froze stiff, "H-How did you know?"

He scoffed with a small roll of his eyes, "Oh, please, I know an abused child when I see one."

I let out a shaky breath, closing my eyes tight. My heart was skipping beats and my throat was starting to lock up, my lungs tightening and my stomach forming knots and trying to turn itself. Closing my eyes was the only thing keeping me from having the room spin and enclose around me. Don't panic..

"I mean, it's kind of obvious from how you act. Besides, you fail miserably to hide the bruises on your neck and arms," He continued, a pathetic attempt at a nod toward my bruises, his voice was slightly venomous at his words, "A 'normal' person wouldn't flinch at the slightest raised voice or act like they're going to be murdered just for finding the littlest of things they weren't supposed to. They wouldn't be so damn on edge and be so scared."

I fought tears as they started dripping down my cheeks trembling as Eden wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, hugging me close, "You don't have to go home, ya know. You...you could stay...here...w-with me...? Just until you get on your feet or some shit."

We both got quiet. Nothing but the birds singing filling the silence. His heart was pounding. I could feel his muscles and abs through his tank top...Really didn't help the stupid inappropriate thoughts in the back of my mind.

"I-I just met you, though," I finally whispered, still trying to remain calm. It was regrettably a struggle but his body against mine was a comfort beyond belief.

"I-I know, i-it doesn't have to be permanent. I-It could be temporary," He replied nervously with hesitation of a quiet tone, "I mean, you could stay until you find a-a better place...? I don't know. I'd rather you be here than back at home."

I sniffed, wiping my cheeks with my palm as I tried to get my vision to stop being blurry, "Ar-Are you sure I can stay? I-It's not going to be a problem?"

He turned me around slowly, wiping my cheeks and saying with full confidence, "It will never be a problem. You are welcome here."