Lesson 23

Lesson 23:

Holly POV

The obnoxious door bell woke me up from my slumber on the couch. I must have fallen asleep while watching TV on such a boring day yesterday. It kept ringing louder and I eventually had to get up. My neck was a bit sore as I made my way there. I can’t believe it was going on one in the afternoon.

“Holly! I have missed you so much! I have so much to tell you!” Were the first words of my misery.

“Hi Samantha. Come in” I said trying my best to polite. Although I don’t want her here, maybe I should at least give her a chance and make these next couple of days survivable. She walked past me, her blonde voluminous hair bouncing with each step she took. She looked as perfect as always with her nails polished to perfection, her crystal blue eyes shining, and her outfit on point. She was a walking barbie doll. Small hips, perfectly thin, she was the whole package.  I on the other hand had curves and she always reminded me of them.

“Wow you have grown so much! Maybe a little too much, but thats okay! Nothing a little diet couldn’t fix! You don’t look terrible though” She said resting her bags by the foot of the couch basically insisting that I get them for her.

Think positive Holly

“You look great. How’s life been to you?” I tried my best to smile.

“Well apart from all the drama I get from all the guys who can’t keep their hands off of me, Its been good. How about you? Still single? Don’t worry you can tell me. I won’t tell your mom or anything.” She took a seat on my couch, crossing her tanned legs.

“I have a boyfriend. His name is Louis.” I said almost trying to prove myself.

“Really? Is he from your little high school? Boring. I love guys a bit older.” She teased.

“He is older. He’s 21.” I defended.

“Really? Seems too good to be true for a girl like you. I mean, he’s even 2 years older than me! Why would he be interested in a little 17 year old? He’s a man Holly and you're just a girl. He needs a woman.” She told me in all serious. My stomach churned at her words as my insecurities raised to the surface.

“Well, we are fine for your information.” I said trying to dismiss the conversation.

“So what do you do around here for fun? Or do you just stay home all day?” Her words hit me in a way that I felt as if I had to show her I changed. I needed to show her I wasn’t the same pathetic 13 year old that she could walk all over.

“No actually. I go to parties with Louis and some friends. I don’t think you can handle them. They can get outa hands sometimes with the illegal drinking and drug abuse” I blushed as I tried to sound a bit more...daring than I actually was. Although I have been to only two parties, I figured that she didn’t need to know that.