Lesson 15

Lesson 14: Don't let me go

Holly POV

"Your shift is almost over Hun" My boss says with a kind smile. Considering how many days I have missed she has been more than nice. Either that or no one applies for a job here.

Today was a really slow day, I somewhat expected Louis to show up here. Crazy right? He just walked out yesterday. He didn't call or text me.

I'm thinking of him way too much.

Suddenly the bell rings indicating someone walked in. It was a boy he seemed about my age 

Maybe a little bit older. He had blond hair styled into a quiff.

"Hello, can I have a chocolate muffin and some coffee" he asked.

"Sure, what size coffee?"

"Medium" he said.

"Coming right up, name?" I asked as a grabbed my pen.

"Niall" he answered nicely.

I gave him a little smile as I started to. Prepare his coffee. He took a seat and just played with his phone. I added some cream to the top of the coffee and closed the lid.

I then got the warm muffin and placed it in apt

"Here you go Niall, anything else?" I asked him.

" No thanks, do you know a mall nearby? I'm kinda new to England" he asked. I kinda figured by his accent.

"Yeah there's one nearby." I answered and immediately I started having memories from when Louis took me.

"Thanks I have been meaning to go shopping but I just don't know where to go since I don't know anyone here. You're actually the first person I talked to" he told me with a kind smile.

"No problem, I can write down the directions for you, if you'd like"

"That would be helpful" he chuckled lightly.

I took a seat and pulled out a pen and my notepad from my smock that they make us wear here.

I started writing down directions and my mind still couldn't help but think about one person.

"Here you go Louis-I mean Niall, sorry" I blushed as I handed him the slip of paper.

"It's fine" he laughed.

"You know, I could really use a friend. If you don't mind" he said quietly. I gave him a small smile. I could use a friend like Niall. He doesn't seem dangerous and he actually looks normal.

"Sure. I can't hangout now though, my shift hasn't ended but you can have my number and text me when you want to hang out" I scribbled my number on the same piece of paper.

"I'm Holly by the way" I smiled.

"Well Holly I guess I'll text you later than." He gave me one last smile before leaving. I returned back behind the counter and just stared at the clock hoping time would speed up.

There was literally no one at the shop.

I went to the back of the shop where my boss was.

"Um excuse me, there's no one in the shop, would you mind if I leave a bit early?" I asked.

She contemplated for a moment before answering.

"Oh all right. Today was really slow, I'll let it slide" she gave me a small smile before I thanked her and hung up my smock.

I pulled my phone out and checked if I had any new messages.

Not one.

I sighed and out it back in my pocket.