Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen

Abigail:

You know that really bad gut feeling you get when you're nervous? And you’re scared about something, and it feels like you could throw up any second? I looked up at the clock on the ceiling of the classroom. I was in detention and I had five minutes left of safety. I felt Scott’s gaze on my face two tables behind me. I turned my head to see him give me a confused look. I was slightly shaking, that’s why. My dad is not going to be happy with me.

I turned back around before the teacher could notice and started chewing down on my nails. When I got down to each nub, I started chewing at the end of strain of hair. They were bad habits of mine when I was nervous. Finally the little hand touched the four and the big hand was on the twelve. 4 o'clock and my time is up. I let out a hard sigh before the teacher got up and said we could go. The few other people in here quickly packed and got out of here. But I took my time putting my homework back into my backpack.

Scott came up to my desk when I was pulling the zipper up and I looked up at him from my desk. He looked concerned.

“Abby, what’s wrong? You look scared.” Putting my mask on, I shook my head and got up. I gave him a small smile. I then walked around the desk next to him and put my hand in his. When we walked out of the classroom, Scott went on to something about tomorrow, but I was barley listening.

Knowing my dad well enough, he’s probably waiting outside. He got off fifteen minutes ago and I’m sure he is. When we got to the entrance of the school, I pulled Scott back away from the doors and looked out in the school parking lots to see my dad black car. I turned back to Scott and pointed at it. He raised an eyebrow. “Is that your dad?” he asked and I nodded.

“Okay, I’d like to meet him as your friend—” I cut him off by grabbing his biceps with both hands and stopped him. I quickly shook my head and straightened my hand out, moving it across my throat.

“He’ll kill me if he finds you with me?” he asked and I nodded. He chuckled, “Okay, I get your dad’s over protective of you, but I’m just coming to him as a friend. Relax.”

I pulled him back when he tried to turn again and shook my head violently. I gave him a stern look and he looked at me, confused again.

“Abby, what’s going on?” he asked, giving me pleading eyes to tell him. My mouth opened slightly and I licked my dried lips. I just looked at the floor and shook my head.

He put his hands on both sides of my face and lifted my head to look at him.

“Hey, come on, its okay. What are you so scared of?” he asked. I swallowed, making a loud gulping sound. Just trying to get his questioning away, I leaned up on my tip toes and pressed my lips against his softly. I leaned back down then and wrapped my arms around his waist, just wanting him to hold me for a few seconds. He put his arms around me and I felt so warm. I laid my head on his chest as he rocked us back and forth slowly.

After a minute, he leaned back and kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Maybe, I thought. He kissed me again, but roughly. Then we were interrupted when the school doors opened and I jumped, walking aside Scott so no teachers would catch us.

A low, sharp intake of breath left my lips when I realized it wasn’t any teachers, but my dad. The gut feeling worsened in my stomach to the point that I had to place my hands over my belly. My dad looked shocked, but then it was replaced by his glare.

Scott cleared his throat and smiled. “You must be Abby’s dad. I’m her friend, Scott,” he said, holding his hand out towards my dad and I bit my lower lip, pulling his arm away from dad. He gave me a confused look before turning back to my dad.