Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 46 A Week and It Is Finally Over

The beach at the big island where we have been staying was like a new home to both Icka and Lady Gaia. Not so much to Bavo who wanted nothing more that to finish up and head back to Ravenwood. Inpatient as he was with all his complaining for the past two days about wanting to finish up and head back; all his constant pestering was bringing down the spirits of the rest of the group. In the end Diana finally got fed up with it and removed his power of speech for the rest of their mission and grounded him to the island. Speech be gone. He was furious to say the least. It was the funniest thing I ever saw, but had to keep my laughter to myself. The rest of the crew was ecstatic though with the first bit of peace and quiet they have had in well over three weeks.

They decided it was pertinent to stay one extra day just in case the lava would rise up even more in the cavern which it did in the end; proving Bavo to be wrong once again for wanting to rush away... The demon in that cavern was successfully all killed off, just as one had broken through to a tunnel to the surface. None escaped. Well, none that we know of that is. Today is the day that they go in and blow the two remaining tubes that supply the lava to the cavern sealing it off once and for all. After that they just have to monitor it for the rest of the day to make sure it is stopped, and they can all head back to Ravenwood and be finished with this for good.

Icka and Lady Gaia flashed down one last time dropping their charges in the specified places, then flashed back to the beach. I felt the rumble of the explosions going off beneath my feet as they lightly touched the ground. We waited... and waited some more. After a few hours I ghosted down to check the effects of the two tubes that lava had flowed up from, one was properly sealed off, the other wasn't; it still flowed. I ghosted back up to let them know more needed to be done.

“Icka, Lady Gaia. You will both need to go down with another set of charges each, and place them on either side of the second tube.” I pointed on their map to the locations where they needed to place the charges. “Come closer to me so I can change your Goddess Powers to grant you the necessary powers you need to be able to get that low in the mantle.” They gathered around me while I held out my arms to them. I noticed Bavo coming up to me trying to join in. “Not you Bavo, you have done enough now go back, and wait it out, they can handle it on their own.” I shewed him away from the other two. Bavo sulked, but turned, and shuffled off to his shelter by the far end of the beach to hide from the rest of us. “Okay. You are all ready to go in, bring one each and get in, and back out quickly you don't have much time at that dept.” I sent them on their way.

It took several minutes before I felt the rumble, and mere seconds more before both girls arrived back at the beach beside me. We waited another half hour before I went back down to check leaving Diana to shield them from prying eyes here on the beach like we have been doing for the last two weeks. When I got back I was all smiles, the job was finally finished; all that was left to do was sit, and wait to make sure it all held firm, then I could send them back home. I called forth Bavo. “Bavo, come here please.” I waited for him to decided if he was going to respond to my call or not. He finally got up, and ambled over to my side at a very slow pace.

“You want to go home?” I asked. He mumbled something unintelligible then bobbed his head yes. I waved my hand over his head to removed Diana's spell from him then asked again. “Do you want to go back home?”

“Yes please, Goddess of the Earth.” He looked down at the sand at his feet.

“Fine then give me your hands, and I will remove the rest of the Goddess Powers and send you back. Tell no one anything what so ever about this mission or where your sisters are, or when we get back you will loose you powers permanently.” I took his hands and removed everything I gave him, and a little more of his powers then sent him flying back to Ravenwood. He vanished from the beach.