Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 10 Have I Said Just How Much I Hate the Cold?

Bavo led us through the streets of Anchorage following the map Tonrar made for us back at the shack. By the time we made it there I couldn't feel the tip of my nose any longer, and if I didn't know any better I could swear that my eyeballs were frozen in their sockets. Yeah it was that cold out. How I hate the cold weather.

We are all standing outside another much larger shack within the city limits this time. There are people out wandering around like the temperature is not a fracture in their day to day life at 40 below zero. How in the heck do these people deal with this type of cold day in, and day out is beyond me. We are all huddled together in a rainbow of color ducked down against the wind to try to decide how to effect entry into the building we are currently huddled against. We can hear several people inside the building talking, and there is smoke billowing up out of the chimney so we all know that they are in there trying to stay warm. Icka has also told us that one scent is of one she scented from back at the university by the side of the loading dock so we have the correct place.

“Lady Gaia you could do a time spell on the whole house so we could just walk in and tie them up, and no one will escape or get hurt.” Icka suggested. “Then one of us could just kick in the door to gain entry.” she continued.

“I like her plan shall we. I can just go in threw the side here and freeze time while you three gain your entry out front.” Lady Gaia vanished threw the wall a ruckus ensued for only a second then all went quiet before we even made it to the front door. Bavo didn't even bother to try the handle he just gave it a solid kick and the door flew open and in we all went. Inside there were six people all in stages of rising up out of their chairs surrounding a lit pot belly stove in the middle of the shanty of a house.

“Great work Lady Gaia! Icka and Valia tie them to the chairs so we can have a little chat here where it is nice and warm.” Bavo ordered. We both went in search of anything we could to tie them up with. I finally knelt down and un-threaded their bootlaces and used them to securely tie their hands and feet to the chair backs and legs. When we were done Lady Gaia restarted time again, it had only been a few minutes here in the shanty that time had stopped, but it came rushing back at them like a slap in the face. Time never really stops for no man it just slows down till you restart it then it catches up with a wham. They felt the full force of time restarting.

“What the... Where did ya come from... and how did we get tied up?” The big man in the center shuddered out shaking his head side to side once time smacked him in the head, and he realized he was trapped. “Let... me... go...” He struggled to get free of his bonds.

“Calm your ass down, your not going anywhere any time soon.” Bavo smacked him aside the head to get his attention. “How many of you were down at the university on the nights between the 17th and the 31st. Now speak upwe don’t have all day to wait for you to come up with some bogus answers.” Bavo was right up in the guys face now.

“I ain’t telling ya nutting nor are non of any of them.” 'Tough guy, hum we will see just how tough he is.' I thought to myself.

“Lady Gaia, they are all yours to do with as you will my dear witch.” Bavo handed them off to her. A broad smile crept upon her face as she walked up to the tough guy that was mouthing off. Before she could even lift her hands up he was screaming his damn fool head off.

“Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it Stoppppp. I'll tell you everything, just make... it stop...” he faded out at the end as he passed out.

“Damn Lady Gaia did you have to kill him? Bavo asked.

“Oh, he isn't dead just yet... he just wishes he was.” She laughed out. “Why not start with one of the others I think they will talk quite nicely. She suggested. Bavo went to the far end of the line of men and knelt down to eye level to question the man.

“OK. You heard the lady let's hear it. What do you have to say for yourself.” he went on to explain that he and several others in the room were at the university in a car roving around looking for women to pick up for a good time like they do every weekend. They spotted this vamp following a woman cutting through the side of the campus toward the rear so they all followed them. When they arrived the vampire was draining the woman, and they decided to join in and finish the job. Then a couple more women just so happened upon them, and it turned into a free for all. When it was all said and done there were three women dead and one young one which no one even knew where he had come from. The women were all finished off and the remains carted off for food no one knows anything about the young one. The vampire joined them in their next few excursions to lure women out for them.

Two others verified his story; one was the first guy—the tough guy and one other—the other three had no knowledge of this attack, but were privilege to the attack on the wolf pack and rape and several other attacks they all committed along with the several more rogue members of their little group. One was the man Tonrar that we have in custody, but there is still one more in another location we must go apprehend the vampire. Great just what I want to do go trudge back out into the arctic air to find another troublemaker. 'Have I said just how much I hate the cold lately?' Damn, I wish I was back home under a nice warm blanket in front of a roaring fire with a hot cup of blood between my hands.

We left them all spelled so as they couldn't get untied then went after the last man to bring him back to this house er shanty along with the first couple so they would all be in one place to dealt with. Three and a half hours later and all were rounded up in one place and the fire was burning hot, the pot belly stove glowed red from all the stoking I did to get it going for me to warm back up. Burr. My nose was frozen again.

Lady Gaia put the lot of them under a truth spell then we questioned them for hours on end till we ran out of questions to ask. Satisfied, that these were our only perpetrators of all the violence in the area we called in Alpha Atka to do his own questioning and dole out the final punishment on eight of the nine, the vampire we dealt with ourself right away, he is no more.

The one rogue wolf that killed the cub was held over for trial, but the rest were killed immediately for crimes against nature and mankind right there where they all sat. The other man was hauled away to the packs holding cell for a tribunal first chance they could get one set up. Lady Gaia and I had to burn all the evidence once the Alpha killed then all that evening in a quick burn fire. We had to stay put till the tribunal was called. This meant another three days in Anchorage in their minus 40 degree weather waiting on the wolf pack to get their act together before we could leave. All in all, it turned out OK we went back to the New Air Force Base to check in with the Base commander to file out our reports then came back for the tribunal with the Alpha's pack before flashing back home to Ravenwood at Queensbury, Pa.

That super hot shower I took when I flashed up to my bedroom and ran directly to my shower to strip down and in to get myself warm for the first time in a week was so awesome. I could stay right here under this rain shower if it wasn't for the timer on the water to conservation purposes Sigh. Warm again finally. Now for that blanket by the fireplace and a nice big cup of blood.

“Have I said just how much I hate the cold?”