Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 31 How to Make a Horrible Visit Worst

The first two days at the High Council's castle were very tiring for me, Diana not so much, she was enjoying all the attention. Between luncheons, dinners and an impromptu party of all things. Party? No more like a Ball? I could not believe the attention we were drawing at the castle; it was becoming insane to say the least.

Come day four I was ready to pack it all in and head back home, or just stay up in our room and order a huge breakfast in, and stuff my face while watching mindless movies on the wall of a TV we had in the room. Now I understand where our TV in the manor back home came from; they have all the latest and greatest toys here at the castle for the dignitaries.

The longer I lay here in bed the more my stomach grumbles, Diana flopped down beside me. “You as hungry as I am honey?” I asked, my stomach took that moment to rumble, again. “I do believe the Ogre has awoken, we best feed it before it attacks us.” I laughed out. “Come, daughter mine.” I pulled her up with me as I sat up.

“Yes mother, we best go feed that Ogre before it attacks us. No telling the damage it could cause.” Oh my she is getting good with the come backs.

“Good one Diana.” I laughed pulling her toward the door heading down to the dining room in our wing, it had a much better selection of food items for breakfast. They sure know how to feed the high rankings here at the High Council. “Let's see if they have your favorite today that thick cut bacon again,” I pulled her along faster as we rounded the last corner to the dining room, and entered the line to wait our turn, the noise was almost defining. “As you were, sit, please, and enjoy your meals.” I implored them all. Diana and I gave the sign of the blessing we were becoming accustomed to giving every time we came across a group of people here. The people in front of us insisted we go ahead of them; finally giving in, Diana and I stepped ahead and taking a plate each loaded up on our favorites. Diana, it was thick cut bacon and cheesy eggs, me it was an assortment of everything. Taking a seat over by the windows so we could look out over the rose gardens while we ate; the same table we ate at the last three days. Diana was well into her breakfast as I was just starting to digging in savoring a mouthful—the chefs here are amazing—when all hell broke out.

Alarms started blaring, people rose up running for the main dining room doors rushing to get through, down in the gardens there were numerous guards taking up positions all along the parapet walls, the archways, armed sporting battle armor. It was at this visual a rush of foreboding washed over me; we were under attack, here, at the castle, of the High Council, of all places. Not that it hadn't happened in the past, it had several times, it was just so bold a move; so unexpected in this day and age. I took Diana's hand and flashed over to the war room where I knew the Queen would be staging the counter attack from. Upon entering we rushed up to the Queen and King's side to offer our assistance and to call our team in for backup as need be. “My Queen, what has happened and how may we be of assistance?” I asked.

“My Grace and Holiness. Great. Your here, we are under attack right now, we are not sure by whom our guards were changing shifts and were attacked during the change that is all the information they could give us. I was just going to call you both before you showed up.” She looked down at the map of the castle pointing to a section of the front near the drawbridge over the molt. “This is where it started before we had a chance to stop them, they are now inside the first of the castle walls we, are holding them there, so I have just been told.” She looked up at us. “I sent out a call to your group to advise them to come, do you need anything?”