Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 9 From Cold to Frostbite

Here in PA the temperature with all this snow outside is hovering in the low double digits still with the windchill in the single digits. It is so cold out that water freezes in a matter of minutes. So, you can just imagine our reactions to the call we received just a bit ago from the Commander of the White House asking us to fly up to Alaska to help out with 'a small problem' in his words—a small problem—as if there is such a thing when it comes to our government. If they can't handle it and they call us in then it isn't small anymore—it is huge—so here we are all packing for the frigid northwest where right now the high temps are 45 below zero this morning by way of the morning NEWS report. Damn greenhouse effect my ass. More like the start of a new ice age. 45 below zero.

So, we are each bundles up in our new arctic wear that just came out from a new manufacturer guaranteed for minus sixty degrees below zero. Mine is neon blue with white stripes running down the sides. Bavo's is red of course with yellow stripes running down both sides like mine. Missy Icka's is the brightest yellow with a blue strip down either side, and finally we have the Lady Gaia, her's is bright green with the shiniest silver reflective strips on either side. All of them have matching thermal gloves and hoods with these weird looking boots to go along with them to keep our feet and hands warm. “OK. Everyone are we all set to go? Pack filled with everything we need?” We all gave the thumbs up as best we could bundled up the way we all were to Bavo. “Then let's get this show on the slopes.” Oh My Goddess, what a time to be making joke.

We all joined hands and arms, and in no time at all we were standing in the middle of the New Air Force, office at Elmendoff Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska sanding before the base commander. I bet he though he was just invaded by a giant rainbow out of thin air when we all suddenly showed up in his office. “Good morning Commander we are here to see you under special assignment by orders of the Chief Commander of the White House.” Bavo spoke up for our group. He stuck out his hand as the commander rose to his full height. He was a tall graying man in a striking blue uniform covered in metals of all sorts. The usual military officer so I am told.

“I wasn't told to expect your presence. The Chief of Command of the White House you say? Hum, I will have to look into that first.” he replied.

“There is no time for looking into anything, you can go do your calls later after you fill us in about all these troubles you are having in your fine town here that you all can't seem to get a handle on.” Bavo put a stop to his pussy footing around.

“Well I never!” He started to go for the door.

“Here,” Bavo handed him his phone. “Make the call if you must, but we really don't have the time to waste.” Bavo offered.

“Fine!” He slammed the phone back onto the receiver then sat back down. “What do you all need to know about the attacks?” He was very flustered that we had overridden his authority. “Just remember this, I will have my secretary call to check you all out when we are finished you all better check out, or I will have you all inside my brigs before you can make it out of my main gate do I make myself clear?” he threatened.

“Clear as a bell, but we will all check out, sir” Bavo told him just as sternly.

“OK... Well... We would like everything you know from the beginning please. That would be a great help.” I urged him along. “When did it all start, and what kind of attacks were they? How many people were involved and where did it happen?” That should get the ball rolling so to speak.