Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 17 An Indirect Grounding

This morning when I told them I was joining then downstairs for training I got several snickers. They didn't believe me when I told them that I was planning on training with them from now on baby or no. Hence the snickering. Just for that I will show them, I will be there if it kills me. “Wilda care to help me train today? That is if you have the time, I would love for you to be my trainer once again.” I leaned over trying to butter her up to get her to help me. I even went so far as to flutter my eyelashes at her, giving out a quick laugh.

“It would be my pleasure, sweetie. Though I don't know why you wish to train till after the baby comes. I just received orders direct from your doctor this morning stating you are off all missions and any strenuous workouts till the baby is born. Here is the notice I was sent, you can read it yourself.” She swiped her fingers over her own flexi-vuescreen and immediately it showed up on mine. 'Hum... Looks like Lady Xandria got her wishes after all by way of my doctor. Damn her.' I looked up and over at Wilda to see she had just sent it to everyone else at the table because they were all pulling their own flexi-vuescreens off their wrists to read the message. Damn her, now everyone in the manor knows I am grounded right and proper.

“Thank Wilda. May I be excused?” I just sat down with a full plate of food, but lost my appetite.

“No you may...” I flashed out of there while she was talking without even getting up, no further words, just poof... I was gone. I flashed out to the far side of the lake to Bavo's abandoned practice area to walk around by myself. It is the last place anyone would ever look for me. I was pacing back and forth the length of the beach area mulling over what Lady Xandria did to me. It is not like I had any plans on going out on a missions, but, to further restrict me... how could she. I keept up my pacing back and forth, after about the tenth time I notice that there is a wall of water built up along the waters edge that seems to be growing higher with each time I pace by. I stop..., and inspect the water wall, it is filled with fish as if it was the lake turned on it's end standing upright. I reach out for the water with my powers of water and raise my arms to it and slowly lower them along with the entire lake back down into it's bed. “OK... Child, there will be no more of that kind of display when mommy is upset, you just leave the magic to the grownups... deal little girl?” I rubbed my tummy to settle her down which in turn soothed me down along with her. Me being upset seemed to upset her, further upsetting me, upsetting her, etc, and so on and so forth. It built up into a vicious cycle and being a direct correlation to my water she used the lake as an outlet to release some of the stress we were both under.

“Do you know what helps me to relieve stress sometimes? I go down to the training room and practice my water element. Would you like to do that with me here?” I ask my tummy feeling a little silly talking to my little one like she can hear me. “Let's try something simple like the dancing ball, sound like fun?” I drew a small amount of water from behind me out of the lake then started tossing it from hand to hand, it was going perfectly. I love doing this as a precursor to other games. I was calming down inside, I could feel the stress leaving me watching the water ball go from one palm to palm, then I noticed the water ball closer, it had tiny swilling water spout in the center dancing around in its center every time I tossed it from hand to hand. The baby was playing along adding her little twist to my game. I giggled at her creativity.

“You like my little game do you? Shall we try a harder one next?” I threw the water back into the lake then stopped to think up an even better game to play with my baby. I pulled some water from the lake and held it between my hands then shaped it into a fish and had the fish swim from one hand to the other then back again within a bubble of water. The next thing I saw a much bigger fish chasing my little fish around in the water bubble till it caught my fish and ate it, then swam around like a proud peacock. I was so impressed with my little ones resourcefulness and abilities. “Oh My Goddess, you are so smart!” I shouted out like and idiot. Then blushed and looked around hoping there was no one around that heard my outburst, I felt so foolish.

I found that I was no longer stress or depressed in any way maybe a little silly, but certainly not stressed, thanks to our little games: I was actually happy more so than I have been in a really long time. I flashed us both back inside the house to the sitting room then walked over to my chair and plopped my butt down and curled up into a tight ball and went to sleep. The dream I had of my little girl was pretty intense, she was all grown up. She was by my side helping out while we were out trying to quell a disturbance between a large group of Supernaturals who were actively fighting amongst themselves over a small band of human chattel they had taken for their own food and pleasure relations; even though against the ban against such ownership. She was in the middle of dealing with them and fighting for the freedom of the human;s rights. I was backing her up with my knowledge of the laws and enforcements should she fail. Her powers of enlightenment were working on them far better than anything that I could ever show them of their evil ways. In the end I felt so useless having just watched her single handedly secure the release of all the humans. Plus she set up a deal between the humans and Supers to secure the necessary food so as the Super in the area would never have to take another human against their will. I woke refreshed.

With a smile on my face and a new outlook on life, I flashed up to my room to shower and change for dinner. I was famished it had been a whole day I had gone without eating. The only thing I have had all day was two glasses of Royal blood, one from breakfast before I got upset and flashed out to the lake, the other when I flashed into the sitting room; there was a glass sitting there waiting on me. I dressed in a simple green flowing dress, barefoot, I flashed down to the dining room and took my seat to wait for the others, and my inquisition.

I didn't have long to wait, in no time at all the rest of my sisters, and brother flashed into the dining room, and in walked Wilda and Stela together as usual. How they always manage to enter last just a few seconds after the rest of us enter into the room is beyond me. We all took our seats before all the questions began to fly my way. “Valia where did you flash off to this morning.” It was Bavo

“Yeah Valia dish. Where where you all day?” Icka this time.

“Speak up girl.” Lady Gaia now. I just sat there looking from one to another. Give a girl a break why don't ya.

“Give the girl a break will you all she had things to work out, she doesn't need the third degree just because she decided she needed a little time alone to think.” Wilder set them all in their place. Not what I expected from her. “So, where were you all day honey?” Oh My Goddess she did not just ask that! I dropped my head to the table with a loud “Thud”

“I give up with you all! I just left, OK. Can we leave it at that please,” I told them all, to the table my head was lying on. I rolled it back and forth the cool surface felt good on my forehead. “I just needed some time alone just me and my little one,” I covered my head with my arms to drown out their insistent droning. “Can't you give a pregnant girl a break here?” I played the pregnant card again.

“Fine,” Wilda caved. “Let's back off and give her her space shell we!” Wilda suggested. The room went quiet. Marie came in with her cart loaded down with the dinner she had for us.

“Did someone die in here? Or is someone in a bad mood?” Maria asked no one in particular. She started loading up the serving table with platters of food then left as quickly as she entered. No one said a word the room stayed quiet.

We all got up as quiet as church mice to get our food then Icka said a quick prayer and we ate in uncomfortable silence. When dinner was finished I jumped up and quickly helped clear the room of dishes and flashed back up to my room, so much for the good mood I was in earlier. A quick bath and I was in my nightgown and bed ready for another great dream with my little one. I hope.