Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!

Rapture The Final Battle By: LadyDawn

2014 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 44 All This Planning Better Pay Off!

1 Month & A Day

Bavo, Icka and Lady Gaia are huddled over the maps of the underground. They are going over the new plans one last time before they call on the Goddess of the Earth to come bring them to the mantle cavern one last time to finished the job they started over a month before. After an impromptu visit from the King, and the serious one on one they each had with him; they buckled down, and came up with what they felt was a true plan to finish off the demons once and for all. But... they still were not ready to call on the Goddess of the Earth just yet, in fear that she would find fault with some details of the plan that they might had missed. They were writing a detailed list that they hadn't done the last time, that the Goddess asked for, this time they would be a step ahead, and have a detailed one in hand—one showing every little detail should anything go wrong how they would handle the change in plans and still get the job done—they only hoped they though up every detail possible.

With just a couple of days till they wanted to leave to try again, Bavo sent Lady Gaia out to the sacred grounds to call the goddess' before them for a brief meeting. He was hoping that this time it went over much smoother than the last.

“Goddess of the Earth, Goddess Diana! Can you hear mine call? We humble before thee, beg for divine guidance, oh Holiest of the Holy. Goddess', Mother of the Earth, Goddess Diana,” Lady Gaia prayed head bowed under the light of the full moon, her skyclad body aglow awash with the moons  warm amber glow shining down from above.

“Rise dear one and cover thyself, we are here for you. Lead the way.” We followed her back inside to the war room. Again. To where Bavo and Icka were chatting quietly among themselves sipping drinks, and being sociable for a change. I couldn't believe the change that came over Bavo in such a short time. Nice. “Rise up and take your seats.” I told them both as they knelt before us.

I looked over their shoulders as I flitted around the room to see what they were each working on. “What is all this?” I asked. They had a new detailed map laid out before them on the table with color coded sections numbered and named with each of their names.

“This is the detailed planning sheet for our new plan to take out the demon cavern if you will. We each have our own section to deal with, even you both.” Bavo pointed to two colored sections; one green one silver. “They are just where we would like you to be should anything go wrong, a worst case scenario you would have to seal it all back up with us and them inside.” Bavo visibly shuddered. “That shouldn't ever happen though, not with this plan. We have every detail thoroughly planned out this time even if something should go wrong we have a backup plan for that.”

“I see. Well then.” I looked down at the map. “Show me what you all have, and I will decide if it is feasible to go with it.” I saw his face light up not his usual smirk, but a bright happy smile instead. Bavo, Icka and Lady Gaia crowded around us to help out with the show and tell. We spent the rest of the night, and better part of the next day going over their plans. It was a great plan I must say. They worked together very well on the plan leaving nothing to chance. The only thing left was to set the date for them to head back down to the cavern to give it another go, but first Diana and I would have to go check it out to make sure everything was up to par with all three lave tubes, and that the demons were still where we left them. As we left them. Then we can bring them underground to do their thing.

With so much at stake Diana and I left right away to head back to the underground cavern to check things out. First stop was to ghost right into the center of their cavern where we hoped to find them still frozen in place. To our surprise most but not all were. All, but the largest ones were still frozen in place. The largest of the demon were actively digging their way our of the cavern—they were close too; a few more yards possibly more—they would be free. We went to check all three of the lava tubes, and found them to be right up to the top and ready to blow; even without our help. Quickly we regrouped, and ghosted back to the manor to gather up the group and head out to the sacred grounds.